Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EF air intake versus EL intake - does it really make any difference whatsoever?!

I'm referring to the piping going from airbox to throttle body, as you all know EF splits into 2 tubes then back into one, whereas EL is just one big tube. In my opinion it's just not worth shelling out for a mandrel bent one, but if it is worth doing I will get an EL one.

If the spares guy got it right (and i sincerely hope he didnt), the EL pipe is $288 from Ford (screw paying that!) - even the airbox lid is $80 on its own. Absolutely ridiculous. I can get everything from Ford far cheaper than that (just a matter of who's on the service desk at the time), so an EL one is within my reach, but yeah, is it worth changing?!

Apologies for bringing this age old subject up again, I just need definite clarification from some E series gurus with more knowledge than myself!

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I think the best flowing set up was as follows;

EF/EL XR8/EL GT snorkle
EF airbox
BA piping

That's what I'll be using when I get the EL maifold on, unless I replace the EF box with a BA GT pod style box.

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BA piping eh? I didnt think of that, AU piping is pretty much the same as EL stuff. Ive got the AU XR8 snorkel on, and the airbox is fine - just in need of a new filter :fraz: .

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
Just use EF lid with 3" mild steel piping.

·
Registered
103 Posts
$288 for EL piping....??? I seem to remember being quoted $90 for a BA pipe not so long ago, but don't take my word for it, I could be wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts