Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Australian Falcon Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got any ideas on what would be a good replacement for the standard system, I dont want anything thats to noisey or real expensive either.

·
EB Fairmont Owner
191 Posts
I wouldnt have a clue who to go to in Tassie, but as far as the type of exhaust - i was able to get a 2.5 inch from the cat back for 300 including a trade in for my old exhaust.

I noticed a little power difference and a great sound (not loud) Also buy a pod filter, it really enhances the engine sound of the 6 cyl and also provides a little more HP.

God knows how many times i've been asked "Is that an 8?"

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
And what was the answer???

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
I put a set of interference extractors and a 2 1/5 " system with 1 muffler replacing the four it had standard (not counting the Cat!)on my manual EF Falcon XR6. It gave it a lot deeper note and revved a lot more freely. It has a nice deep growly note at idle and in the middle revs but still sounds harsh when given a decent rev, but I don't think there is anyting you can do to stop that being a Falcon six.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
TickfordEB said:
I wouldnt have a clue who to go to in Tassie, but as far as the type of exhaust - i was able to get a 2.5 inch from the cat back for 300 including a trade in for my old exhaust.
That's a very good price, I just got quoted (trade price, no trade of old system) around $420 for the same thing for my EB.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Mmmmm...just got a price from another shop on the other side of town....$320.:D WHen this exhaust rusts out I'll be back to see this guy for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts