Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for the past 3 years i have driven my mums ED Furtura for the past 3 odd years, and i have finally had to purchase it.

I have done all the mods, and not even owned it.

So now i have to either buy this car, or buy another one. I have been looking at ED XR6's, and there is one goin for $8500 near my place.

The Futura has done 215,000, and is in perfect condition, and i would b really sad to see it go.

Current car : http://members.cardomain.com/dvs06

or should i bite the bullet and get an XR....

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=86096&current_rec=8&total_rec=14&sort_type=&price_max=10000&make_id=6&model_id=17&search_postcode=4152&search_distance=10

i dont no wot to do, can you please help me?????

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
How much will it cost you to take it off your mum's hands ??

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well we are trying to work that price out at the moment. see i no the insides of this car, and how its been treated, so i really do wanna keep it, but there is this little devil inside that says, the minimum car i should get is an auto xr6, then goin all the way up to manual xr8.

i wish it wasnt soo hard to make this decision

how much do you think the futura is worth, just by looking at those pics. its in really good condition inside too

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Well how could a price can you get from your mum, then seel it, and use profit towards the xr6 ............ LOL

Boy would your mum be impressed ........... hehehehhee

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
So say 5,500, thats about 3 grand in your pocket, and make it go faster, lower, and look better ........... tough decision

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, i see your point, (i cant go any superlow, stupid driveway)but there is something about owning an XR i reckon. it would b soo nice.

I am goin to have a look at an XR6 tonite.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Should I guess your mum's ED is auto, and the XR manual ?

So me thinks if thats the case, we will find you an XR very shortly ..... hehehehhee

Jason

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Oh in that case auto vs auto ........... hold out for a manual XR, or take your mums ED.

Jason

·
known as tibbo
2,033 Posts
Save the 3k and put in an AU engine, LSD etc into your Futura..You will have a better than XR spec car with a proven history for the same $$

A stock auto XR won't blow your socks off for long, so its going to be 8.5k + mods provided the XR is in tip top shape and won't need any little repairs along the way
My 2cents anyway

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
I reckon you should buy the ED, put a dev3hl kit in it ($2.5k) and put the rest of the cash towards a decent h/u or tint or something. Man, that would be an awesome sleeper!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i already have had the cars windows tinted, and have put a couple of stereo mods on it aswell. .

if i buy my mums car, it will have to have extractors on by this weekend!!!, Rollin i hope you are free..... LOL

and also, i need a 3.45 LSD, plus a Leather Momo steering wheel, plus XR Seats, and then i will b happy with the futura!!!

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
get a JMM devkit dude. best bang for ya buck imo!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
looks like everyone is saying to keep the existing car, and spend a few bucks on it!!

the only worry i have is if the box starts to play up, its pretty good at the moment, nice and smooth.

i will really see wot its like this weekend when i service the tranny

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
reason we all say to keep the car is its 'better the devil you know than the devil you dont!'

you just dont really know what your gonna get when purchasing another 2nd hand car! You know exactly how the ed runs and what it needs, theres no surprises!

Good decision about getting the trans done. Best to get the car running at its best b4 mods take place!

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
Id probably keep the ED.
Simply because u know what is/isnt wronge with it.
XR is just a badge. U will probably wont to fiddle with the engine anyway, so may as well do it too the ED.
The XRs probably had a harder life aswell

If the trannys stuffin up, why not get a manual conversion? And still have maybe 1500 left over for some rims or exhaust :)

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
i agree. the XR6 will not be that much better than what you have and for double the price. it would be different if you were talking an EF/EL/AU XR6 upgrade though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts