Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Explorer Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help. Does anyone have information on a 1980 Ford Fairmont Futura Turbo. It is extremely rare (only 2 others like it in the world!!!). I am unable to find and info whatsoever. If you could help me, I would greatly aprecciate it!

P

·
0 Posts
What specific questions do you have? Is this a "stock" Fairmont Turbo?

Actually, quite a number of these were produced, and the 4 cylinder, 2.3L, 140 CI turbo fairmonts were an option from 1980 through 1984 I believe.

The 1980 through 1982's had an engine code of "A", Block Casting of D9EE-BA/D8EE-BA, Head Casting of D9EE-JC/D9ZE/E1ZE, and had "D" chambers and flat bottom intake ports.

In 1984 the SVO Mustang started using the 2.3L turbo engine, with a horsepower rating of 175. In mid 1984 the horsepower rating was increase to 205..

·
Explorer Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

This car is sweet. The exact model is actually a showroom model. my parents bought in the mid eighties for a few thousand dollars. however, the interior is, yes, plaid. odd. still a nice car

T

·
0 Posts
You may be better posting in the Australian section. the guy's over there are familiar with Ford Fairmonts and Falcons etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts