Ford Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've bought this truck and was very pleased with the mileage and conditions, it really just needs some TLC and a gas tank and ford has discontinued the model of fuel tank I need, my fuel tank is a 16gal (what the mechanic told me) and has a hole and its plastic, they said they believed it gas was stolen in the lot cause it's a drilled hole... I'm going insane looking for a new universal tank but I don't want it to be a incorrect fit and go through the hassle of return and shipping and wait time of there and back... dose anyone knows a universal one that dose fit or where to buy one this has the original in stock??? Like it's only got 135000 miles on it so I know it's got life in it and thank you in advance!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,440 Posts
You may need to look around and buy used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had it patched with epoxy and it fell right out... unless theres another way to repair it... and I've considered buying used but I don't have a ride yet till next weekend for a pick and pull... I'm really hoping to just replace it or if theres something different from a epoxy filler to fix that hole I'd down for that...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By god I bought a soldering iron a month ago lol I'm going to have to try this out for sure...

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Dad's '93 recently had a crack about half way up, could never put more than 5 gallons in it. We finally found someone parting one out, he even pulled it for us for $50. I did find a new one online, but now see it is not available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts