Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I posted earlier last week about my horn not working, and everyone that replied suggested the fuses or the Relay. The main fuse block fuse is intact, but i don't know which fuse to check in the interior fuse block! Also the Relay box isn't where the Chilton's manual says it is!? where is it!? BTW i got a '90 probe LX. Any help locationg the correct fuse on the interior fuse block and the entire relayy box would be much appreciated! It's getting to start snowing and i know i'm gonna be using my horn more often, as people tend to cut me off constantly... heh. Thanks to anyone who replies!

SCREECHYD

·
Probe Member
104 Posts
take out the horn and test it, if it works then your wiring has a broken cable hope this helps if not i will post more suggestions

·
Probe Member
106 Posts
1) How does the horn pad feel? Is it really soft and semi-compressed? I'm not sure what your steering wheel looks like, but if you have the horn above an air bag, you'll likely need to replace the horn pad (and air bag, clock spring, etc).
2) Get a buddy and a test light. Poke the wire running into the horn and have your buddy sound the horn. It should light up if the wiring is good, and if so, you'll need to get a new horn. If it doesn't, follow the wire back to the inside of the car and good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts