Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I may have mentioned this before, but here goes:

200kW AU2 XR8 had no bodykit. The optional bodykit cost approximately $1300 (near enough).

220kW AU2 XR8 now has the SR sideskirts standard. However, the optional bodykit is still $1300 (near enough - i.e. the price has not changed). I know the sideskirts on the bodykit cars are different, but they must still be worth some money.

SO, my question is surely the bodykit should be cheaper now? Either that or the SR skirts should be stuffed in the boot so I can give 'em to a mate.

Maybe someone in POWER can explain this??????

(BTW; who has Tickford's address? I'll be in Melb on Friday so I wanna drive past Ford Mecca :) :cool: )

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
The skirts from the SR are different to the Skirts on the kit, so they have to be removed then replaced... extra labour.....

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DONUT KING said:
The skirts from the SR are different to the Skirts on the kit, so they have to be removed then replaced... extra labour.....
My understanding is the SR skirts go on at Tickford. In the end though, if you do a value analysis from the viewpoint of the customer where's the sense?

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Aussie Pete said:

My understanding is the SR skirts go on at Tickford. In the end though, if you do a value analysis from the viewpoint of the customer where's the sense?
I doubt that would work, Tickford does enough without increasing volume due to the need of fitting side skirts to another non tickfordised model (assuming they sell *ducks and hides*).....
remember the wait on your XR8 Pete?

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fair enough - the wait for my XR is being driven by assembly line allocation (build schedule) rather than Tickford.

Anyhow, I should be asking for the SR skirts in the boot if what you say is in fact the truth. I mean, what are Tickford going to do with them. Think of the labour and costs in sending them to the bin!

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
(BTW; who has Tickford's address? I'll be in Melb on Friday so I wanna drive past Ford Mecca :) :cool: )
Ford Australia - 1735 Sydney Rd (Hume Hwy) Campbellfield

Tickford VE - Glenbarry Rd Campbellfield (Opp Ford on other side of Hwy)

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: I Still Don't Get It.....

Ford Man said:
Tickford VE - Glenbarry Rd Campbellfield (Opp Ford on other side of Hwy)
Would you believe I've never noticed Tickford across the road? Go figure. I know exactly where to go now!

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Re: Re: Re: I Still Don't Get It.....

Aussie Pete said:

Would you believe I've never noticed Tickford across the road? Go figure. I know exactly where to go now!
Looks like you're still missing an eye from the Holden days......

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
You can't see 'em from the Highway pete. Need to go up the road a smidgen before you see the sign of life... "The Art of Performance"... :mmm: :thumbup:

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
laminge said:
what time are you getting in tomorrow and do you want a lift to the hotel?
Mate, thanks so much for the offer. I'm flying in late due to business deals being done tomorrow (the aviation game is a bit busy at present :CraZ: ). I've got a Falcoon hire car so watch out as I try and work out those hook turns... :CraZ: :CraZ: :confused: :wink2: :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
4 Participants
Aussie Pete
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing