Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My seats in my XG ute suck im looking for ideas for new ones, looking for something a bit more supportive and comfortable, so far ideas include Newer falcon seats(with any luck they will bolt right in) or maybe other seats (honda, mazda or something else) my mate got some 929 seeats for $200 for the pair and they are bloody awesome realy supportive with nice velour trim. not looking to spend to much about 2-300 max for a pair.

Any Ideas?

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Why not enquire on getting yours re-trimmed, or the foam replced at least with something to your liking :0)

·
slikxb
220 Posts
Check out Nissan 300ZX seats, Theyr'e usually all leather, electrically adjustable, really supportive and sporty lookin.
Jap wreckers usually sell em for around 200 per pair.
They don't have nissan written on em.
only thing is you would have to make mounts or runners I would think. I doubt they would bolt straight in.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I once fitted EA seats into a ZC Fairlane by purchasing new XG rails so you should be able to bolt EF seats to your XG rails. P.S anyone want to buy a pair of grey EA seats fitted with XG rails? Jim...

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
They are pretty much the same, but with new rails, and the pirotechnic seat belt tensioners.

·
Registered
812 Posts
what is a pirotechnic seat belt tensioner? I have pulled alot of seats out after they have been in a crash and the seatbelts seem to do funny things after a hard impact.

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
The pyrotechnic tensioners are a small explosive charge designed to "pre-tension" the belts in the case of an impact - ie. reduce any slack.
I wasn't aware that any falcons had 'em (although unsure about BA's - I guess I should pay more attention to these things :) )
The belts are designed to stretch a little in an impact, and should be replaced (usually have tags near where secured to floor that indicate if replacement is required). Should similarly be replaced if worn or torn at all (likely to fail in crash conditions).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts