961 Posts
man you can have it
imagine trying to keep that clean?
what a job
but the chrome does look good

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Man that looks awesome. I wonder if you can do that and how much it would cost? Probably big $$$. In a place like that, it would almost be camoflaged.

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
yeah it is sweet isn't it.....

but seriously guys do you e-series fellas ever read other parts of the site? I think its been around for a few days now :/

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
haha, yeah i seen this about a week ago, but there wasnt this many images.
its fairly impressive :)

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was actually looking around to see if anyone had posted it and couldn't find another thread, oh well....

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
:hungry:
Anybody here work for a paint shop can do me a deal??? :)

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
That just went on the computer background :p

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
mmm, it almost looks fake! :)
i said almost so don't flame me! :D

·
100 SPEED LIMITED SILVAEA
1,043 Posts
NO IT IS FAKE

its a photoshop series..

i was reading on another forum, the shadows, reflections and what not are what they should be apparently.

cheers.joe.

·
Mr Sensible...
115 Posts
had me wondering then I saw how dull and low light the area around it looked. If it was in that crome colour it should have looked a very dark silver tint to match it surroundings.
Anyway if its some consolation it makes nice wallapaper.

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's actually a mercedes calander. I'm not convinced there fakes though, there is an article somwere that describes it and that the car is actually totally electroplated. If it was one picture, then maybe, but the amount of time, effort and research that woulda been put into each individual picture would be enormous if they were computer generated. It'd actually be alot easier (and probably cheaper) for mercedes to actually electroplate the car then to get them computer generated to that quality...

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
yes you can ;)

·
Registered
812 Posts
Yep I was wrong and heres how it is done

Basically, the plastic is etched to give it tooth, then it is "sensitized" with a palladium chloride, or tin chloride, or sequential application of both, which leaves receptor spots on the plastic. Then electroless nickel (actually autocatalytic nickel) begins depositing on the receptor sites, and upon it itself. Then the parts is plated with several layers of nickel, then chrome plate.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts