Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
GO THE BOSS
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from the day i picked it up all i have had is trouble. frist it was the accelerator and then i found a bubble on the dash. the next week i found 2 bolt missing, that hold the consoul in place and my steering rack was clicking when i was turning. last week got my diff replaced because it was leaking oil and it had to much backlash so they say. last night i was driving in the middle of city and my car shut off when i was driving, luckily i was only doing 50ks. it was my alternator, it shit it self! i didn't get home until 4:00am. when is this going to end? :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

·
Finnaly back
1,124 Posts
take it back and demand a new one! (car that is) altho I think there is a pretty big waiting list??

·
Australian ED XR6 Member
569 Posts
BlackXR said:
from the day i picked it up all i have had is trouble.
Come now you really do NOT expect us to believe it has been NOTHING but trouble?????
I do not doubt for one second that you have had "SOME" drama's, but to say nothing but trouble is perhaps a little harsh.....Remember the joy of actually driving it out of the dealership(even if it was after a long wait) Remember showing it off to others??? man to even have the opportunity of saying I OWN a NEW XR8 would at least stand for SOMETHING!!!
Some food for thought - perhaps the BA "IS" becoming a victim of its own success, with demand comes a need to rush more cars things through the production process & some things like these(a couple of missing screws / loose bolts etc) are bound to occur on occasions...
BlackXR - In your case I think I'd be having a word with the service manager & seeing what his "thoughts" are on the matter - especially considering the small???? amount of "on roads costs" (Aren't the dealer delivery costs supposed to include a COMPLETE vehicle inspection to identify some of these issues you've spoken of) If you get no success it might be time to consider another service department.
To DEMAND a NEW REPLACEMENT car is in my opinion perhaps a little extreme.

·
FF Town Sheriff
1,165 Posts
and lets face it - you won't get one anyway!

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
I am sorry to hear of your trouble's with your new XR8, but as long as your dealer look's after you and the problem's are fixed, well it's hopefully happy motoring for you from then on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You will not get a new car as I have been asking for 12 months now to be given a safe car to drive. My XR8 has had us in 6 near miss accidents due to the cutting out problem and has cut out on the highway at 80-90kph overtaking a semi trailer.
Our children have vomited from the fuel fume that engulfs the car inside and out.
Fords response is we are trying to fix the problem. What happens when someone is killed with this problem?

·
Registered
268 Posts
FRUSTRATED said:
You will not get a new car as I have been asking for 12 months now to be given a safe car to drive. My XR8 has had us in 6 near miss accidents due to the cutting out problem and has cut out on the highway at 80-90kph overtaking a semi trailer.
Our children have vomited from the fuel fume that engulfs the car inside and out.
Fords response is we are trying to fix the problem. What happens when someone is killed with this problem?
Have you tried Dept of Fair Trading? Have you tried Ford direct? Don't waste your time with the dealer.. in many cases they're as useless as tits on a bull.

dk_falconXR6 got a new AU because Ford couldn't trace a fault. It's basic consumer law, when they are unable to fix the car despite trying everything they can, they are legally required to rpovide you with a new car.

Have you considered playing the ACA card?

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
FRUSTRATED, Fair Trading is the way to go. If anyone has enough grounds to demand a replacement free of charge, its you.

·
Registered
268 Posts
back2thefutura said:
FRUSTRATED, Fair Trading is the way to go. If anyone has enough grounds to demand a replacement free of charge, its you.
Definitely. It is absolutely disgusting that a dealer/ford would expect anyone to put up with an unsafe car.

I'd have thought that as time went on, I'd have read about less and less problems as Ford got things sorted, but instead, it appears to be quite the reverse. God help ford if the VZ lives up to holden's hype.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
I wouldnt drive the heap of crap if its going to do that. Drive it back to your dealer and give them the keys, tell them to have a new one ready or the problem fixed, otherwise your going to the ACCC, ACA and the department of Fair Trading. If they still do not wanna fix it, tell them that Holdens offering to swap it for a VYII SS sedan just to show potential customers how poor Fords product is and their service.

Also ring the CEO of your dealer and get fair up him. Tell him that ur going to hold him personally liable if anything goes wrong, and also tell him to give you his personal postal address so your lawyers can start to serve him!!!

Would be good if you could contact someone high up at Ford, id love to see their response, but then again they have more important things to worry about - apparently.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
You went and bought a new model out what do you expect?? Japo reliabilty???
Thats what you get....

·
Registered
268 Posts
ebxr8240 said:
You went and bought a new model out what do you expect?? Japo reliabilty???
Thats what you get....
I'd expect as a bare minimum that it performs its intended purpose. It never ceases to amaze me how many people are happy to accept such problems. New model or not, it's up to the manufacturer to iron out bugs prior to releasing a product to market.

Everyone bitches about Microsoft for not doing that, but perhaps if windows came with a blue oval you'd be prepared to accept it?

·
GO THE BOSS
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
galaxy xr8 said:
I am sorry to hear of your trouble's with your new XR8, but as long as your dealer look's after you and the problem's are fixed, well it's hopefully happy motoring for you from then on.
i hope so. because i really love driving it :s4 . but i don't love driving it to bayford evey week, i have better things to do! :bash:

·
GO THE BOSS
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FRUSTRATED said:
when the engine cut out the brakes didn't work that well i had to use my hand brake to stop. the steering would not turn at all, it was to hard . luckliy i was'nt doing 90ks like you did. i could of killed someone. :eek:hman:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Been to the office of fair trading and they said cannot do anything as the car is trying to be repaired under warranty. Unless Ford refuses to attempt to fix the problem nothing we can do because of the new car warranty procedures. Have told Ford CRC that I will seek legal advice their response was you do what you want but you need to understand that we are trying to fix your car. Told them we would go to ACA response from Ford CRC you do what you want but you will have to give us every opportunity to repair your car. I even offered to take the car down to Ford HQ so their gun engineers can look at it but that is not the procedure to follow. Have asked to talk to Geoff Polites was told he does not deal with this stuff but does look at reports maybe mine is at the bottom of the pile and he nods off when reading, as you would not sleep when you realise what they have put us through. The dealer has had Ford people hang up on him when he is trying to get answers from them. Then to rub salt into the wound Ford CRC told us that IF we go down the replacement car path we have to understand that our car is now 12 months old and would have devalued so we would have to make up any shortfall.You realise that cars devalue the day you take delivery of them they told me. Pity the problem occurred 3 hrs after delivery and not in the pre delivery checks.
Falcon cant get enough of this!!!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've had my XR8 ute 1 week and it stalled 3 times between down changes at roundabouts and turning into the inlaws street. Only did it first and second day after picking it up. Is this a common problem?

·
wasting money on cars
611 Posts
yep happend to me also yesterday slowing down for a corner just stopped just thought it was one of these things till i read this thread....

·
wasting money on cars
611 Posts
iwas on the throttle just crusin at about 50ks i had the radio on so i couldnt hear anything only felt the steering heavy looked at the dash and seen it had stalled only happened once though. car has 6000ks on it!!!(also had the aircon on)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Every time it has happened we have been off the throttle. It has done it twice while the car is staionary in nuetral just idleing. The best way to tell if it will do it is watch the tacho when you push the clutch in the tacho falls fast and then hunts to find an idle speed for a few secs. In autos it is like you have overloaded the engine at idle and it struggles to pick up revs. Mine has done it most when the clutch is in.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts