Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the Crow cams web site, EA-AU OHC 6cyl. page

This Stage 2 Kit for the Ford Falcon makes more power than our Stage 3 kit for VN-VS V/6 Commodore and in the next few months we will work on a Stage 3 Kit for the Falcon.
I emailed Ray today about this Stage 3 kit, and got this reply...

We have 2 test cars under way at the moment the kits should be ready in about 3 - 4 weeks.
Be interesting to see the dyno results out of Herrod when this is finished. :thumbup: :D

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Good to see aftermarket places catering for Ford 6's.
My brother has a Crow cam in his XF and it lifted the performance dramatically.

No doubt the IL6 kicks the Holden V6 arse when it comes to power and torque and with mods this trend just continues.
I think the developement of the XR6 has suffered because it was getting to close to the V8 in performance terms so lets hope that they will lift the power up on the IL6 now there is a new V8 coming.

How many years has the base 6 been rated at 157kw? I think it is from the EF on isn't it.

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
I thought the VCT I6 rated at 175Kw? I maybe wrong.

I agree, its very good that the Ford I6 is getting the recognition that it deserves.
The early holden 6's have always had a large choice of performace parts, its about time the ford 6 got the same deal.

Paul

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
I meant that they haven't lifted the power of the base 6 up for a long time.
I think the VCT motor is rated at 172kw and 374nm for the XR6 and 168kw, 370nm for the Fairmont Ghia.

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Check out www.fordinfo.com

go to the specifications page, it has a lot of info about the falcon from all the way back to the XK.

Paul

·
Australian ED XR6 Member
569 Posts
The power ratings for the XR6's (factory ratings)
EB - 139kW (motor same as rest of falcon range)
ED - 161kW (compared to 165 for the XR8)
EF-EL 164kW(The EF-EL is a little heavier then the ED from what I have found out - Comp ratio a little higher then ED, EF - onwards had different intake too)
AU - 164kW (Comp ratio nudged up again compared to EF-EL)

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
The EB Series II XR6 had 161Kw aswell, there was no Series I XR6 EB, all they had was an S-Pac

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah development of the IL6 hasn't progressed much. I think ford are going to get the balls rolling real soon, most importantly the base engine (i hope) will see the 165kw mark real soon.

Yeah the EB2 had 161kw, at the time it kicked the local 8's, was the fastest aussie sedan for 30k. :D :D :D

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Yeah development of the IL6 hasn't progressed much. I think ford are going to get the balls rolling real soon, most importantly the base engine (i hope) will see the 165kw mark real soon.

Yeah the EB2 had 161kw, at the time it kicked the local 8's, was the fastest aussie sedan for 30k. :D :D :D
Thats true EF_Falcon! with the V8's not really going anywhere back then (which is finally changing:p ) I suppose it prevented Ford from developing the 6, and it would've been quite easy to overtake the power numbers developed by the 8.

I think we'll see some impressive 6's in showrooms soon, here's hoping anyway.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah it's sort of a hierarchy effect that now the V8 has got more power the six's can be unleashed "yeaaah".

That'll show those Magna VRX drivers and Camry drivers who's boss of the six's. :D :D

Going of the topic, it's no wonder the early V8's from ford appear to have lack of grunt. I mean i was looking at a guys EF XR8 and the headers on those thiings are a joke, it seems ford delibrately made it restrictive, looked like they crimpped the headers to reduce power.
I remember back in those days when every one said the holden 8's in the VR VS were better. Mainly due to there 150kg advantage.
Seems childs play to get extra kw from those EB - EL V8's.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Going of the topic, it's no wonder the early V8's from ford appear to have lack of grunt. I mean i was looking at a guys EF XR8 and the headers on those thiings are a joke, it seems ford delibrately made it restrictive, looked like they crimpped the headers to reduce power.
I remember back in those days when every one said the holden 8's in the VR VS were better. Mainly due to there 150kg advantage.
Seems childs play to get extra kw from those EB - EL V8's.
I can definitely relate to what your saying mate. An uncle of mine has driven down from Bris, he's got an 5.0L EF Fairmont Ghia, ofcourse I had to get a drive:D , off the line its good, feels pretty torquey, but up top, there's nothing, the AU 6 feels stronger:eek:

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
shhh.. my beast will hear all this early v8 bagging.... its bad enough it gets called a "family wagon" lol

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
eb_5litre,

I'm saying this as a complement of the ford V8's they can be spiced up dead easy to get a decent kw increase. With the right combination of bolt on mods seeing 195kw is really not that hard, now a wagon with 195kw is not definitly not a family wagon. With that power i reckon even your miss's will lightem up around the corner. :CraZ: :CraZ: :CraZ:
With that exhaust setup you showed me on the weekend, i've dreaded that mine can't do that. That is a nice sounding wagon you got there mate.

Jem,
Thats why they got conservative figures of 165kw out of the V8 which is only 7kw more than the 6. Ahh but the sound with a decent exhaust is music to the ears. :cool: :cool:

·
1,151 Posts
what are you talking about??... the missus lights em up already lol

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Thats cool LOL just that she was saying to you that she can take a corner with out lighting them up, so i though she wouldn't do that party trick. Ahh well guess me was wrong :p :p .

So whats the next upgrade for the beast.

·
1,151 Posts
some pacemakers and a window tint.... then some wheels and then lowered.. after that who knows....

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Tis true, the early 8's were shamefully strangled. Shame Ford Shame!!! :fmad: With the exception of the ED Sprint :thumbup:

Power does come very easily to the 8's though, decent headers and exhaust will free 10-15% more herbs, and intake mods and Unichip tuning will add more of the same. Looking to get 160kW+ at the wheels after my next round of intake mods!! :read: :evil:

That should even things up a bit with those pesky LS1 owners.. ;)

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
Venom S said:
From the Crow cams web site, EA-AU OHC 6cyl. page

I emailed Ray today about this Stage 3 kit, and got this reply...

Be interesting to see the dyno results out of Herrod when this is finished. :thumbup: :D
What would be the est power output for the stage 2 and 3?

·
Registered
127 Posts
j-type,

the stage 2 kit will produce 120 kw at the rear wheels with the same exhaust and cam set up that was done on the test which was a EF Fairmont. I was thinking of going with the package, but it will cost $1700, and that is because I have already got a 2.5" exhaust....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts