Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you don't like Ford's attempts at designing alloy wheels. I must admit I don't mind the XR8 wheels, although the Commo SS ones look better.

My Volvo had 7 spoke alloys with a Graphite colour. This looked A1 especially with the black and red cars. I was seriously thinking about this for the XR8.

I suppose what I'm getting at is that sometimes a different colour makes all the difference. Like, the gold or semi-chrome tinges in HSV wheels. They look great!

T

·
0 Posts
friends of ours own simmons in australia. I have tried to talk him into doing a concept for XR8's but to no go.

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I LOVE Simmons. Been a customer many times before but the problem is fashion has gone away from the bright polish dished wheels. And the theft issue with Simmons!!!!

One thing I'll say about Simmons - hit a gutter, pothole or something else and take the rim to them. They replace the rim only and you've got a brand new wheel. Damn good! One piece wheels have to be weld repaired.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Yeah i like the wheels on the XR8 Series 2 and 1for that matter, but the best wheels on an XR8 is the wheels on Laminge's car.
I believe there a Herrod custom. They look really cool. :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, Laminge's wheels are awesome. Herrod charge a fortune though. Over $4.5k. I am thinking this is better spent on more power :wink2: :p

As for DOC, I saw a brand new XR8 at Dale Ford in white. Damn it looks okay without all that Cop stuff all over it. I'm thinking of changing from Silhouette because having looked at a bunch of cars yesterday (Sat) the dark paint is actually very ordinary :( . I guess that after owning European you get spoilt for paint quality.

BTW; that white XR8 at Dale Ford is build dated June 2000. Sort of hanging around I think!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Local usedy yard around the corner had 2 dark AUs in the show room, 1 was a Fairmont stock as and the other was a Futura with wing and gold mesh Simmons. Both cars were the same colour, burgundy I think. The Futura lasted 2 days before it was sold and the Fairmont was still there 3 weeks later when I looked at an EF Fairmont wagon he had. The guy told me he was about to put the Simmons on the AU Faimont and keep it for himself.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
You think 4.5 for the 18s are bad ask Rob how much the 19 cost:D The Herrod 19 s are the same as on the ute in the Motor article:(

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aussie Falcon said:
What are you going to do with the existing rims if you upgrade, trade in or sell them? I would consider them if you do.
How much are they worth brand new with the Tickford fitted Dunlop tyres?

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Yeah, Laminge's wheels are awesome. Herrod charge a fortune though. Over $4.5k. I am thinking this is better spent on more power :wink2: :p

mate your not wrong but i nice set of wheels, spec 19 inch make the car.

AJR rims where my favourite until I realised that they shut down Aussie Ops and that they did not meet Australian Requirements.

I now have 3 useless rims gathering dust:confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
Aussie Falcon
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing