Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ideas for the next meet (scpoc 34)

ok, gil posted this in another topic, but i'd like to get an idea about what you guys want to do for september.

gil's idea was to head up to magic mountain (in valencia). the cost isn't that bad, plus he can get some discounted tickets.

let's get the ball rolling. are there any other ideas about what to do? i'm not going to be picky about location, so pretty much anything is open.

·
Just some guy...
553 Posts
The tickets I have are for a discounted price of $21.99 and enough for 18 people. The park is currently open daily until 9-30-01 after which it will only be open on weekends and selected dates for the Halloween.

Here are a few suggestions for things we could do:

Horseback riding in the Griffith Hills

Speedzone or Dromoone

Castaic Lake

I'd like to see what it would take to get the biggest turn out possible. We have alot of members, so please state your ideas.

·
www.SCPOC.com member
57 Posts
Magic mudasuckin Mountain

Lets go to Magic Mountain.

I haven't been there since they were building Goliath. i need to hop on that ride. Plus, summer is almost gone and we should do it now. If others don't want to come, then oh well. They'll miss out on the fun like always. Lets set a date beside Sept 15th... that's fight night (Trinidad) $100 on him. ;)

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, administrative decision coming up.....

the meet will be on the 22nd!

now that this is out of the way, let's get the place to go to!

is it:
  • magic mountain
  • l.a. county fair
  • speedzone
  • dromo one
  • other?
let's get this rolling people! :)

·
www.SCPOC.com member
57 Posts
i say we go to magic mountain.....
((((((((((((((((((( aaaaaaahhhhhhh ))))))))))))))))))))

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i wouldn't jump up-and-down on this one gil.

i'm glad that they're opening up a track at the speedway though. finally!

like i said, i'm all for doing anything, but let's post this on the list too! there has been no traffic on it and i don't want the date to creep up on us.

·
Registered
52 Posts
post hore - imatation lol

I say lets go to Magic Mountain and hold hands and shoots water pistols at each other while waitting in line, in 100deg. temperatures.

Toodles,
stacey_B

·
Just some guy...
553 Posts
Okay. As most of us know we will be leaving for MM from my shack to take a scenic route yet make it in time for the parks opening. After we are done at the park we can drive over to Castaic lake and take some pictures and stuff.

The meeting place will be at the following address:

7140 De Longpre Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90046

This is in the middle of Hollywood. The nearest cross street is La Brea and Sunset. My radio will be on and tuned to 9 sub 14 (for those of you with no subs I'll have one tuned to 9). Or call me on my cell: 323-806-5959. As you approach please let me know so I can direct you where to park as we get organized.

People can start to show at 8.30am but please be sure to be here by 9.00am as we are promptly departing by 9.10am.

Should you miss us here, you can go straight to the park. Only the people with me can be gauranteed the $21.99 price as I only have 3 vouchers for which allow 6 each at that cost.

Any questions be sure to ask before the day arrives.

See you all there. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts