Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this hard top thing is really gettin me down. even roona is in the same position with the subject. Any advice would help alot....
thankyou ff friendssssss..... :wnc: :AAHHH: :fraz: :zzz: :fly: :angel: :wnc: :wnc:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey fordy!!, yeah need to know options on tops, or what you guys are doing to access your utes.. ie, are hard tops annoying to work out of, take off ,etc.
security issues, etc.
i want something waterproof, secure, with good locks or even better hard top in-cabin releases.
so, basically anything that could prompt thought and a practicle application...
ta

PS: you goin to the ff day out?

·
walking power
3,035 Posts
Well i dont own one YET but i'll be going for a factory hardcover for sure. A few guys have got aftermarket ones which are pretty much identical, be patient and im sure they'll let you know where to get them from.

If you're talking about the FPV day then yes im going.

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
I think people have used boot release solenoids or similar to integrate a hard cover into central/remote locking systems. I couldn't give you any more detail though.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've got a TUFF LID on my AU XLS ute. Its great! It has 3 locking points on the back and can removed in less then 5 minutes. They show 3 blokes standing on top of it in their adds thats how strong they are. Had it 3 months and no problems. Cost about $1000 and I installed it myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
its not that hard to come up with a self locking lid .{keyless}

i run a cable from my own two peace lid,to the boot release

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
hard-lid advertise they have remote locking lids available.
Try using google an looking at some manufactures websites!

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
i got a flattop hardlid i have no spioler so its easy to unlock has two, one on each side, 2 poeple can lift it off in about 1 minute just 2 slidding clips....

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
serveitup, haha your as desperate and topless as i am LMFAO, sorry but i couldnt resist mate;)

cheers,
Matt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts