Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Fords biggest Freak
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving from work to do a job this morning and I spot a White EF XR6 for sale... So I chucked a U'ee to take a look.

Rare 5 speed manual
original 109,000kms
1 owner
full service history
ALL factory options
new AC
new tires
new belts
12 months rego
immaculate inside and out

I called the owner and spoke to him. The guy is retired and is only selling it because him and his wife want a caravan. It's never been driven on a dirt road before and was not used as a town car, but to travel a little bit.

He only wants 'around' $15,000!! You could probably even haggle him down to 14k or lower. Damn I wish I had more money.

·
Fords biggest Freak
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Loan... I already have one for my XF. I still owe about a 1k for that and then I'm debt free, but It's hard to get a 15k loan when your only 19.

·
Mulberry Rain
1,229 Posts
yeah... even then if you sold the XF to pay off the loan, you would probably just pay it off...and be left with little for the loan.

One peice of advice tho is to stay away from Finance companies like GE, AGC...whatever, its never worth that much.

Try getting family members to get the loan for you, so you can pay it off with direct debit and sell your car for the initial cost.

Explain to them that it will last longer/better resale/great condition/can't go past it etc :)

·
Full of useless info!
217 Posts
19?? Think on top of that you have to pay insurance on a 'High Performance' car, im 21 and was quoted $2200 for an EF XR6 that had 13,500 on it!!!ended up in a standard manual futura with tiny amounts of power less than the XR and im paying so much less it isnt funny!!

·
A Fully Sick " Can't "
583 Posts
You got quoted $2200? I'm nearly 18, and have seen the light.
Try hearing $3700 as a quote for an EL XR6.
Wait till your 25 and the magically lower premiums.

·
Registered
738 Posts
YuGoStaR said:
You got quoted $2200? I'm nearly 18, and have seen the light.
Try hearing $3700 as a quote for an EL XR6.
Wait till your 25 and the magically lower premiums.
I'm 29 and pay about $920 with Rating 1 on a '98 EL XR6. It'll be interesting to see if it drops next renewal as I'll be 30 then

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Only paying around $900 for mine and im 22, covers all mods (even when the turbo goes on) as long as they know about it and its legal.

·
Wildlife Photographer
1,413 Posts
I got quoted close to 6 grand by a certain insurance company
when I had the clubby, yet it had nothing to do with the fact
that I was 24, the car was a manual V8 and it was a HSV.
Yeah right !

·
Faster than Zyrtec
2,105 Posts
Yeah, my insurance company through work will ensure me on an BA Xr8, but they wont on an XR6t. Go figure. T factor.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Turbo....... is not a ...... dirty word.

Well it is where insurance companies are concerned. Some people have even had issues insuring low pressure turbo Audis and Saabs

·
i'll pinch ya mums tyres
154 Posts
i've seen a xr8 EB '92 for $7k or $8k not long ago.good nic and low k's.my question is was that a bargain too? i thought EF XR's go for around 12k or am i wrong about that?

·
Yeah .... I am here
751 Posts
cookie thief - yeah i was thinking the same thing.
I'm sorry, but doesnt 14-15 for a EF XR6 sound a little dear ?? despite the good condition.
In coffs harbour nsw where i am, i saw an EL XR8 for sale, with only 59'000 kms, sunroof, all options and 5 speed had EL GT rims on it though. for $19990.

·
Fords biggest Freak
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Normal price for an EF XR6 is around 16-17k where I live. And that's for an Auto with only half the options.

I would never sell the XF, and believe me, I could get nearly $5,000 for it here. That many people like it.

As for the rest of you, Insurance sounds pretty easy for you blokes. Nobody will insure me... NOBODY! 'Just Car' said NO! How sad is that. I have way too many modifications for my age and type of vehicle. I can get 3rd party fire & theft, but they won't cover the mags or sound system. CRAP!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts