Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Doing Fieldwork
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I organised with a bloke yesterday to go see his ute he had for sale (XR6 XG) in Wollongong. Apparently he had a christening to go to on Saturday arvo, and he couldn't show it during the week for some reason. Being a no-car-till-now person in Sydney and never been to the Gong before I rented a little shitbox (hundi Ascent) to drive down from Sydney. It ws a nice drive. My gf and I made a morning of it, buying coffees and things, having fun. We had organised for me to call the seller on my arrival in Wollongong, he had my number from prior phone calls. When my gf rang him for me (I was driving), he promptly informed us the car had been sold. Thanks, dickhead. At least I got to see that lighthouse that appears in all the Wollongong cruise photos.

Moral of the story: Even though buyers are meant to be the fickle ones in the buyer-seller relationship, if you are a seller, please remember some common courtesy...

·
Doing Fieldwork
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and I just had to post that to crack the 25 posts needed to place a WTB ad in the market place

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
That is shitty news. I sorta know the feeling - well, the let down part of it anyway. I travelled over an hour to get to the other side of the city (peak hour traffic too) to be told that the car had "just" been sold. He did call, but it was a little late when we already left from home 30 minutes before... Agreed though, common courtesy is required from both parties.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts