·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From HRT's press release..

> * Skaife must win all the remaining races, and Ambrose must finish 7th
> or worse.
> * Skaife must win all the remaining races, and Ambrose DNF Bathurst,
> then finish 3rd or worse in all the remaining races.
> * If Skaife finishes second in all the remaining races, Ambrose must
> finish 8th or worse for the defending champion to win.

·
one day.......maybe
446 Posts
if you base it on adjusted points, think Ambrose has to finish 5th or better if Skaife wins every race from now on. if they (ingall/ambrose) can get it bogged in the sand and still finish 5th, don't see why ambrose can't do it from now on in (especially with Ingall not driving with him for the last 3 rounds. but heres hoping Ambrose goes for every round win, especially bathurst.

·
one day.......maybe
446 Posts
maybe if HRT pulled that arrogant carrot out of their arse and realised there are other teams, drives and a manufacturer involved in this championship i might hav more respect for them. But as they stand, i couldn't give a shit what happens to them. Skaify was a good choice for owner of HRT(tho, still wondering how true this purchase was) as they're both nobs with no realisation of the world outside there bubble.
news flash for you Skaife: just because you won the race does not mean you're the best. let's face it, if ingall didn't stuff up i doubt the results would have ended the way they did. and if the race went the full 161 laps i doubt your car would have been able to make it with all the electrial problems it was having. but this is only speculation. you got the win, and bathe in the glory for as long as you like, but this will hopefully make SBR a lot more determined next time.
what pisses me off the most (besides HRT and Skaify's arrogance) is that they won despite the electrical problems because of the shorter race distance. now they can address this problem before bathurst.
here's hoping they don't and SBR or Seton can be "king of the mountain" in 2003

sorry, but just my holden/HRT/Skaife whinge for the day

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
That’s what you call a mathematical chance. Good to see they haven’t given up though… Here’s hoping we see another one after Bathurst saying “if Bignose wins every race and Ambrose finishes behind Thexton every race he can still win”

·
one day.......maybe
446 Posts
Re: Re: If Skaife is to win the championship....

Viper8LitreV10 said:
The only way Skaife can win it is.....

wait for it......

by a nose.

well i guess he's got it won then. no one can beat that nose, tho mine comes close

·
Power by Pinto
401 Posts

blueoval said:
Scaife ****
quote removed by AF

Now there’s an intelligent argument.

HRT are boned this year. I feel sorry for the other Holden teams (some times), its as if there are no other teams in existence over at Holden than HRT.

Why did they bother with that press release? That basically admits defeat, and I would be really surprised and upset if Ambrose really did that bad for the remanding rounds.

·
boosted sleeper
4,575 Posts

FordXR8 said:
think we should tone it down before this thread gets closed
i agree with your comments tho
nah fellas, just letting of a bit off steam considering its Friday and all.

Theres no real malice intended. :wnc:

·
one day.......maybe
446 Posts
adjusted points with unadjusted in brackets

1 Marcos Ambrose 1423 (1519)
2 Mark Skaife 1301 (1,337)
3 Greg Murphy 1299 (1,413)
4 Jason Bright 1279 (1,291)
5 Russell Ingall 1249 (1,331)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
14 Participants
TwinPiston
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing