Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lost in FF
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok on boh mine ea gl and my mums el fairmont the ignition module have both gone... any reason for this... suspect maybe useing them to jump start or something (when mine went used mums to jump start mine) my dad just said something about it.. i dunno.. anyway just wondering

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Well I believe if you dont have anti zap jumper cables, then you are supposed to earth the negative to the engine block and use the positive on the battery, if you didnt do that, maybe that caused it, but I dont know.

Dellboy999

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Did you turn on the lights of both vehicles before you disconnected the donor battery?.

Turning on the lights before disconnecting the cables allows any voltage spikes to have a circuit to expend themselves in, lessening them and helping to protect other electronic components in the car.

If both ign sytems are dead, that's probably what happened.

Lesson: don't give or take jump starts in an electronics controlled car. Get a fresh battery from somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
sideshowfreak
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing