Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last I was in here I was considering buying an EA. Now I've bought my EA, despite my license still being suspended :p

It's sitting out the back, and I've only got 3rd party insurance on it.. no theft coverage...

Anyone know of any easy way to immobilise an EA? I used to sometimes remove the rotor arm from my old bluebird. Feasible with the EA?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
lol Another stupid question before I run off and buy manual for the damned thing... is the steering column height adjustable?

·
Mr Baron Samedi Man
474 Posts
the steering wheel wheel height was adjustable in my Ea fairont so i guess its the same in all the others

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
not really easy to take the rotor. if its MPFI the dizzy is too hard to get to, dunno about CFI.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
take some fuses with you? :)

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
doesnt really work that well, they simply swap the fuses from other things.

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
All E Series cars have height and reach adjustable steering column, though I'm not too sure about bench seat models.

A hidden kill switch is a cheap way also, but there's nothing like a proper immobiliser.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
There's also nothing like a proper immobiliser clashing with dumblock.

Lucky EA owners :p

Take the steering wheel out.

Bog stock EAs would only be good for joy riders, joy riders would just find another car before they went and got a steering wheel from the wreckers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I considered randomising the plug leads. :p Then I could walk after them as they tried to drive up the street. I might just rely on the far better looking XR6 beside it to be more tempting to theives. :-o

Oh I worked out the steering column adjustment now... no longer do I get my thighs sawn off.

·
Ford Member
103 Posts
Drinahn said:
Yeah I considered randomising the plug leads. :p Then I could walk after them as they tried to drive up the street. I might just rely on the far better looking XR6 beside it to be more tempting to theives. :-o

Oh I worked out the steering column adjustment now... no longer do I get my thighs sawn off.
If its CFI you could pull the rotor button out.
Or the other thing you could do is pull a couple of the relays out from under monnet eg. FUEL pump or ECU Starter relay? that are mounted in front of the battery theives dont normally cary spares in their pocket :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, it is CFI.

Well whilst playing under the bonnet I discovered one plug lead was near-broken.. and in fact it disintegrated when I removed it from the plug.. so I've just removed the entire distributor cap and all the leads. :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts