Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Never enough Horse Power
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hieverybody,
Does anyone have a 9 inch gear for sale as I am after a 3.5 or 3.7.
Need this before the May heathcote run

·
Banned
555 Posts
how much do u want to pay max? do u want lsd no lsd? secondhand or new, maybe just new clutches etc let me know i can probably do something for you any ratio you like just need to know what your after first?

·
Never enough Horse Power
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TyreToaster said:
how much do u want to pay max? do u want lsd no lsd? secondhand or new, maybe just new clutches etc let me know i can probably do something for you any ratio you like just need to know what your after first?
Hi TyreToaster,

Thanks for the reply.
I am looking for an LSD 3.5 or 3.7 for a 9 inch preferably the 3.7 though. A new clutch would be good to. The gears I would prefer good 2nd hand ones as VPW have new ones from $260 up to $680.00.
2nd hand gears & new clutch $350 approx
New gears & Clutch $450

I don't know much about the brand gears they sell so some advice would be good to.
As I have a 2.75 now I want something to help me down the line.

Thansk Heaps

·
Banned
555 Posts
well 2.75s not gona help you i might be able to do you a s/h 3.5 lsd centre using factory ford gears clutches etc will be second hand also but should all be reasonable, will get price 4 sure friday but i'd estimate $450 ish this is the whole centre and carrier though so you can keep the other one complete and swap them over by removing axles only.

aftermarket gears shit me as they are noisy, typically the more you pay the less noise they tend to make but not always true, factory gears will be near silent.

I can also build you brand new centre using new gears, clutches, steel hat etc but will cost around double, although you can have any ratio you like then anyways i will work it out for sure and let you know.

·
Never enough Horse Power
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 2nd hand one sounds good.
It will be easier to do the whole centre as you said.

·
Registered
227 Posts
TyreToaster: You do this for a living? I'm after the same and again for the same reason Heathcote in May. I currently have a 2.92 single spinner or 3.0, I want a 3.55 or 3.7 9inch LSD centre, for quicker launch times. How many can you get your hands on? $900n for a new centre is too much :(

Where in Melbourne? I'm in Melton.

Paul

·
Banned
555 Posts
3.25 and 3.5 s/h i can get as many as i want, like i said will get proper prices today or tomorow depending on time, can do new centre for 200 less but will be using noisier gears

·
Never enough Horse Power
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TyreToaster the message below was from Jai460 as he is new and sent it to the wrong place.

zanga i would love to see at least 3.7 to 1 ratio in the ass of your tank but 3.5 you may ??? get away with , for optimum 1/4 mile performance with your car 3.9 to 1 ratio would be the go .... Second hand gears and clutches would be fine as you could always freshen up the center with some new clutches and a steel hat and even later a new alloy pinion support...TyreToaster what size yolk does the s/hand center come with and how pitted are the gears?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts