Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay - decision time by Monday 14th May 5pm. I ordered Silhouette (black) on the new XR8. That was a mistake (I think) because the paint looks very easy to mark up. That is, it looks great but I know it will be a nightmare to keep that way (Volvo have much better paint).

So silver is a no-go due to the handbrake (Mrs). I don't like Galaxy all that much (might as well have Silhouette).

So, white or red? I saw a white one and to be honest it looks surprisingly good without all the cop stuff. I would paint the wheels light metallic grey to give some contrast. Red is cool but every second XR I see is red.

What do you guys think would be the go? Votes taken..... :)

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
It's really upto you mate, its your car, you need to enjoy it. If you like white, GO FOR IT, I also agree that RED is common, c'mon FORD, give us some unique colours.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Pete,

Okay i'd better not tell you my favourite colour cause it's not in your choice. Between Venom and White I say white. Your right Venum is too common and to me it looks abit ordinary so from the EF_Guy i say white . With all your options in it your car will not look anything like a cop car. ;)

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I personally like liquid silver or monsoon blue. Between red & white I'd have to say red. White screams cop/rep mobile while red has a bit of go about it. Just make sure you get some paint protection of some sort 'cause red oxidises like a b*tch in later years... :D :thumbup:

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Protecting the red isn't a problem. I have an account with meguiars :wink2: and 3M :D . One thing I've noticed now is that the paint on the red cars doesn't match between the nosecone and the body :thumbdown .

I think white may be the go, only I'm worried about the resale. If only the handbrake would agree on silver this wouldn't be a problem..... :(

T

·
0 Posts
the colour white..

good points....
looks nice when it's clean and polished.
looks nice with a good set of mags.
looks nice on a lowered car.
people get out of your way on the freeway, they think it's the cops.

bad points....
hard to keep clean.
show's scratches.
sun glare from relection.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Protecting the red isn't a problem. I have an account with meguiars :wink2: and 3M :D . One thing I've noticed now is that the paint on the red cars doesn't match between the nosecone and the body :thumbdown .

I think white may be the go, only I'm worried about the resale. If only the handbrake would agree on silver this wouldn't be a problem..... :(
My problem with the black is that it looks to add about 5 years to the age of the car. Bowe had one and it just looked crap.

I think you might have a bigger problem then paint when it comes to resale. When in doubt they say white is the choice. It is going to look good no question. Both the red and white are solid colours so maintenance is going to be better and if you are getting rid of it in two years surely the wife can live with silver.

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In the absence of any guts on my part (yes, I am a gutless slithering fool :CraZ: ) it has now been decided that Venom is the go. I'm gonna try and stick with it this time. Car goes to hard build order tomorrow anyhow. No changes after that.

Oh, got rid of the towbar too. It turns out the 1600kg on manuals is the flat bar tongue. I will fit Hayman Reese locally. Much better setup me thinks..... :thumbup:

·
gone
10,402 Posts
RED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,REDRED,RED,RED

No that I am Biased or anything, but red cars go faster!!:wink2:

But do yourself a favour regardless of the paint color, do not alow them to polish it off without you seeing the finished product, I made the mistake of not doing that and they completely stuffed up the polish job before it was Teflon Sealed.

:thumbup:

·
EB Fairmont Owner
191 Posts
Black looks sensational at night even when the car is filthy (during the day it is another matter) - the only thing i dont like is the fact that in Summer the car being black heats up very very easily.

White cars generally stay cooler in hotter weather.

Doc: Anything passes for a cop cars these days I've seen RAV4's and completely stock looking MY01 WRX with just some red and blue lights on the rear shelf.....Yep they are getting harder and harder to spot!

Jase

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Aussie Pete,
Go to the Ford website and it has the colour chart and you can decide from there.I've got a Black AU2 XR8 and it is a ball breaker to keep clean:fmad:

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Aussie Pete,

Have you found out anything about the so called "aggressive kit" ford are offering in the 220kw XR8 :?:

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
JEM said:
Aussie Pete,
Have you found out anything about the so called "aggressive kit" ford are offering in the 220kw XR8 :?:
The so called aggressive body kit is just the side skirts off the SR Falcon. That is why I still ordered the bodykit on my car. I have sent a request for confirmation to Tickford just in case the whole kit is now standard. I hope it isn't because then the cop cars would get it and that makes the nicely optioned cars less different (if you know what I mean...).

As for colour, red is locked in.

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Paul E said:
Who made that decision.You Or your Mrs,? or both agreed?:?: :?:
In the absence of silver we both ended up agreeing on red. Not married yet though :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
14 Participants
Paul E
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing