Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to remove the injectors out of my 89 EA 3.9L MPI over the weekend and only have a basic idea of how to go about it can anyone give me some advice and tips regarding this.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Undo the 6 10mm bolts holding the rail in and the one holding the reg to the manifold. You will also have to undo the one 8mm holding the dipstick to the rail. Don't bother disconecting the fuel lines, there should be heaps of plaj in the flexible line. Pull the fuel injector clips then pull the rail back and finally take the injectors out. This should take you about 15-20mins tops.

To put them back in put the all injectors into the rail first, clip them in then push the whole lot in as one into the manifold. If you are having difficulty you may need to lubricate the o-rings.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Make sure you put some KY Jelly around the rubber O rings if you are planing to install the old or new injectors otherwise they will dry up and leak. Don't use oil or petrolium Jelly as it drys up & cracks the rubber O rings over time.

·
Not a Joe Lunchpail
309 Posts
TIKFD6 said:
I just disconected the battery
But then you can't listen to the stereo while you work - where would a bogon working on his car be without the stereo cranked right up? Some things are worth risking your safety for!!!

·
Officially Bored with 347
3,584 Posts
9psi EB said:
So its KY Jelly on the ring, ahh ok... :pooper:
Dammit ..... Thats what Im doin wrong :fraz:

·
no tire smoke no fun!
458 Posts
don't supose you will deliver the injectors in condoms to the reconditioning place?!

·
Not a Joe Lunchpail
309 Posts
9psi EB said:
umm, definately not!

I was referring to american pie..... this one time in band camp, we got our flutes and........ :pooper:
I don't recall that - I think I only saw the second one - I was doing Chief Wiggim from The Simpsons.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts