Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a medical problem that affects her lower back... So I wanted to buy some orthopaedic seats to make travelling easier on her.

I bought some Aerotech seats, Kompressors, cost HEAPS. Had to get special rails made to fit the EF. Took 17 days. Got em home, they didn't fit. Took them back to the store, they said the manufacturers told me to give you your money back and that you'll have to get the seat rails made up somewhere else. HOW F***ED IS THAT! Such poor customer service from a company that MAKES THE SEATS! So in just 3 weeks i've been jerked around allot.... and I have some very comfortable seats in my shed.

No probs, I'll ring Roman Autotek and get the rails made there.... THEY DON'T MAKE RAILS ANYMORE.... litigation killed it off... they are held responsible if someone dies in an accident due to a faulty seat rail. I guess no one will be buying Recaro's anymore as the place that sells them doesn’t install them.

What are my options?

Should I buy the "universal" seat rails that bolt onto the Aerotech seats (at $110 a side) and then I have to buy some EF seat bases... (Anyone know where I can start? I tried one wrecker who wanted $75 a side????) and then get the bases cut and shut so I can bolt the universal rails on? I want to keep the original seats, so i can fit them when i sell the car.

What model falcons have the same seat mounting holes as an EF? EA - EL?

I am in Sydney if someone could recommend a place to get the rails made/modified..

Mike.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
EF and EL are the only ones sorry, the earlier E series were different.

I was going to suggets roman autotek thats a bummer

Oh and sorry to hear about your wife.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bottom of the seat is flat, the bolt pattern from the hole centre is 400mm wide, by 310mm deep.

The base of the EF fairmont seat however, is no where near easy unfortunately. Because of the height adjustment stuff, it has no where that I can see to bolt something flat against. Not like an XD or XY seats...

Are ef/el falcon rails different to the fairmont rails?

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
If you get stuck with this, I have for sale front and rear EF XR seats which are certainly better than standard EF seats.
You're quite welcome to try before you buy.
I'm also in Sydney.

Rick.

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
If I remember the underside of the seats correctly, you should be able to take the EF rails off, destroying the old seat in the process, and weld four plates on to correspond to the holes in the new seat....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts