Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am looking at purchasing a deck panasonic one with blue graphic display and jl audio 6x9's and splits in the next week or so for my au xr8 and was just wondering if anyone knew how to install these or if there were any doco's on doing this. i think i have a fair idea on how to do the 6x9's and the deck but would still like all the info but when it comes to the splits im not too sure i would be greatful for any help.

·
Registered
309 Posts
im sorry but this site will help you alot with any car audio installations, tho there are some excellent installers of audio equipment here, you can find tutorials and such as www.caraudioaustralia.com

·
Boat Hunting ;)
1,632 Posts
when you put your h/u in you will most likely find a gap around the edges of it. After market head units dont really fit the weird shape of the au dash well.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeh i know it doesnt go in perfectly i had a double din panasonic deck in my old futura and it stuck out slightly but it doesnt look too bad. also another question ive got is where can i get like a change thing to go in my DIN psoition to cover the ga p of replacing with a single din deck. i got told to go to a wrecker as it'll be cheaper but i wasnt aware that there was any part like this available or do ford have these types of parts? i know the series 1's you could get a single din replacement but i didnt think ford had them for series 2 & 3

·
Registered
309 Posts
you should be able to go to any good car audio shop and they should point you in the right direction

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeh just found an AU Change compartment at autobahn it's an actual ford part so ill see if it fits if not ill just take it back. the guy reckons its for a series 2 but i suspect it's for a series 1. has anyone here put an aftermarket deck inrto their series 3 au

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yes, fitted a Pioneer DEH-P8450MP single din head unit using change pocket from AUI
to fill hole, looks perfect. 6x9's rear 5x3 door. good system

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx for that mate r they pioneer speakers too?
how do u find that deck?
ive got jl audio 6x9's for the back should be a straight swap but im putting jl audio 6 inch splits in the front so that seems to be my only challenge i have also been told to get a universal clip i think it is for the AU3 so that i dont have to strip any wires its just a matter of plugging different clips into each other

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that deck looks grouse in there i dont know why people are saying they dont fit properly. what did you use to spray the change holder just noraml black paint or did u get some kind of dye for it.
an amp will make a world of difference to clarity though what amp were you thinking of getting?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Just used a wrinkle finish matt black, yeh looks good, but was fitted by pro's at JB's fitting bay. Was thinking Jarcar amp ??

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how much did the install of the deck and speakers cost you?
by the way what speakers are you running?
i dunno about jaycar i know theyre cheap and good value for money im looking at a cadence 4x60 watt rms amp myself as they r cheap but offer excellent quality and sound

·
Boat Hunting ;)
1,632 Posts
there is no way my sony deck would have fitted like that.

btw wild6, ford sell those change compartments for $12-14 do you still need one?? I have one lying here, never been used.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what do u mean ur sony deck wouldnt have fitted like that i thought they were all the same dimensions.
nah i got one from the local autobahn

·
Boat Hunting ;)
1,632 Posts
If you see my deck, and an AU facia you would no what I mean... square edge... round edge in dash... i wasnt a rocket scientist, but I learnt in kindergarden that wont fit.

I wasnt happy with it so took it to 5 car audio places who all told me I couldnt change it, so I made up a custom fascia out of brushed steel

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
WILD6 said:
...also another question ive got is where can i get like a change thing to go in my DIN psoition to cover the ga p of replacing with a single din deck...
I thought about the same issue when I was contemplating whether I shoudl upgrade the stereo in my AU XR6. I've got an even better solution, get a retractable LCD screen....that solves the problem...nicely!!!!

Good luck and don't forget to show us some pixxies of your upgrades!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well im getting it put in at JB HIFI on saturday so ill post up some pics of how it turned out.
i know it wont be a perfect fit but as long as it looks not too out of place ill be happy. If you look at normells deck his looks like a nice fit

·
I wanna eat your children
4,562 Posts
sorry to get off the topic.....but, Adam, I was at Matt's house the other night...and you came down the street...VERY NICE CAR U LUCKY BAST*RD!

lol, nice upgrade from the futura too........it was dark, but its blue yer? it looked pretty nice....and sounded even better

congratulations

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanx mate what night was that?
i still want my extractors to make it deeper though but im patient enough to wait.
have u found urself a car yet?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts