Ford Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My 95 Explorer's odometer stopped working. Everything else does. Is there a relay or some other fix besides replacing it?
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply.
Just received an email from them They do not have one in stock and they do not repair that model year. Was hoping it would be a relay or an easier fix.
Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
1,444 Posts
eBay usually has a few sellers that provide repair services as well. I’ve used one to repair an abs module before. Or if you think you can do it you can try to repair it yourself. It’s likely a bad stepper motor. If you can solder you can replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jwko

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the tech info. Looking to get it repaired as it shows 90052 original miles and the odometer just stopped.

·
Super Moderator
1,444 Posts
Oh I misread the op, for the odometer it’s usually the little plastic gears. I’ve had to replace some in my old 98 mustang years ago. If that’s all it is then all you need to do it pull the instrument cluster and put the new gears in. They aren’t hard to do and are cheap. If you have the time pull the cluster and check the gears.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh I misread the op, for the odometer it’s usually the little plastic gears. I’ve had to replace some in my old 98 mustang years ago. If that’s all it is then all you need to do it pull the instrument cluster and put the new gears in. They aren’t hard to do and are cheap. If you have the time pull the cluster and check the gears.

Thank you for the reply

1 - 9 of 9 Posts