Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Just wondering where the best place to insure a classic XY would be.

AAMI and all the big places only give it a value of around $2500, there must be places that let you nominate the value of your car.

Gaz

·
Registered
774 Posts
Some would say shannons for classic cars but i dont know..

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Also try RACV/NRMA classic car insurance (note - different from their normal insurance) there is a 1300 number for it I think. There are also some other companies around, try a search of the forums for classic insurance.

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
Shannons are very good. I have my XB insured with them.

·
goooone
2,708 Posts
Vigil have been cheaper then Shannons for all my friends with classic &/or modified cars but it may depend on your age where you live etc but give them ago

·
XA GS FAIRMONT 302
449 Posts
NRMA gave me full comp insurance for $249 a year, everywhere else was between $800 and $2000. NRMA have an online quote if you want to see what type of figure you might get.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Shannons seem to be good, but its best to shop around. I got quoted for my MkII RS2000 with any Transport SA aproved mods for about $1300 a year for a 17 year old. This was about 2 years ago though

·
Registered
625 Posts
I insured with Shannons. If you are with a registered car club, you get a discount.
Never had a claim so cann't say what their claim service is like. But premiums are reasonable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts