Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well

Just got my insurance renewal in the mail, $2,700 - %134 increase from last year.

Well Ford, when are you going to get your act together and start your own insurance underwritting???

Anyhows I rang Tourque Underwritting and got a quote on the XR $1100.00

Gues who i am going to insure my car with?

Who do you use?

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Gotta ask.. what the christ is the go with insurance companies these days??.. You drive a decent car and they sting you for it. Doesn't matter a pinch of sh!t that you have sat tracking in it, a hungry rotty at each wheel ready to pounce on any theiving pr!cks.. and an alarm loud enough to shatter windows in a 14 mile radius.. you still drive a nice car.. here's your bill.. :fmad: C'mon Ford.. where's this Ford Insure we keep reading about.. How about rates for enthuisiasts??..

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Originally posted by laminge
Who do you use?

We had insurance for our 'special' car through Unique, but wouldn't rercommend them. Spoke to Shannons at the Melbourne Motor Show (took the Unique renewal notice with us) and they happily matched the price and suggested a range of options for us. Our bill isn't nearly as scary as yours but we are covered for limited use of the car. Suits us, we only drive it occasionally anyway.

Our daily drivers we insure through whoever is the cheapest.

:cool:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Seems insurance is on the way up across the board no matter what you drive. I had a $100 increase and I questioned them on it. They knocked 50 off just because I pulled them up over it.

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
what is Ford Insure????...all over ftr cars

i had heard it was to help younger blokes get into XR's, but i cant find anything of the web

·
Australian Falcon Member
663 Posts
I was reading wheels the other day, and it seems that all over the U.S the insurance premiums are dropping - because the government took the blanket 55mp/h speed limit off their highways.

But the pigs here won't do that, its too good a business to increase the speedlimits, so they won't get as much money back. But in the west, theyre going to consider lowering the highway limit to 100km/h. I know for a fact that no-one will do that ridiculously low limit, and if they do, then we're strangely going to see all of these driver fatigue advertising campaigns.

heres a better idea - have a system where you take your car over the pits for an inspection, you can get a special window sticker thats different from your rego sticker, that certifies that your vehicle is capable of safely doing something like 150 km/h. You pay the transport dept some money for this sticker, then youre allowed to do the higher limit safely. But then again, speeding tickets are more profitable...

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
XLR8 said:
what is Ford Insure????...all over ftr cars

i had heard it was to help younger blokes get into XR's, but i cant find anything of the web
And that seems to be the problem. I hope they get their act together by the next time I go to buy a new Ford.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
And that seems to be the problem. I hope they get their act together by the next time I go to buy a new Ford.
Here.. Here.. Anything that'll help me get into the seat of an XR8 is good news.. The money for the house is nearly sorted.. Car's next.. Insurance is another matter all together..
If the insurance kills me then it'll be a bit more of a wait..

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
We have it cheap compared to the US, for a Mustang or Camaro youd be looking at US$200 a month or so, and yes thats over $4000 a year in the Aussie dollar.

The UK is similar if my memory is correct, about 2000 Pounds a year for just a Focus or similar.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Martin said:
We have it cheap compared to the US, for a Mustang or Camaro youd be looking at US$200 a month or so, and yes thats over $4000 a year in the Aussie dollar.

The UK is similar if my memory is correct, about 2000 Pounds a year for just a Focus or similar.
holly crap. that makes me feel a whole heap better :rolleyes:

·
Australian Falcon Member
865 Posts
Hey, I've got a question - as far as "modified" cars go with regard to Insurance Company attitude, how would mine rate? Here's the list:
* EF Intake manifold - all std parts etc (ie. no adjustable reg etc)
* Extractors + off the shelf Walker 2.5 system.
* EBC pads and Longlife Gold rotors on the front.

Should any of that be cause for hassles with insurance? - asking here before I ask Insurance Companies.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Tell the insurance company everything, if you crash and they find something on the car that isnt standard and you didnt tell them, your screwed. Even if you think an Exhaust or bodykit didnt cause an accident, it doesnt matter, because the car they were insuring is not the same one you were driving. They dont have to cover your claim because you broke the Insurance Contract

Most of the big insurance companies like AAMI, NRMA etc dont take well to modified cars so I woulsnt bother with them, go through an Insurance Broker or go with a Company that deals with modified vehicles.

T

·
0 Posts
martins right. before my red XR8 was stolen there was something like x-amount of dollars spent, the thing was valued at almost $50 grand. the insurance company would'nt even look at it.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
You think those quotes are bad? I did the ring around for my 1991 Subaru wagon insurance. For me, under 25 1 claim 1 fine, it was between $700 and $1500 per year on a $6500 car, although it will have about $3000 worth of extras on it they weren't counted. And I reckon it will go up next year! Has for the last 4 years. I shudder to think how much I'll get slugged when I get the Falcon ute with all it's extras.

·
blue blooded ford fan
190 Posts
cant wait till i have to try and get quotes for the turboed xe. i think just cars will be the only one to insure me, coz, being 20, shannons makes every driver to be on the policy. so if i had a stack the car wouldnt be covered at all. with just cars my dad can be the only driver and young driver excess is like 1500 or so.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yep Torque underwritting here in Victoria!, not sure if they have office where you are but at least 3000grand cheaper than the big names

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
laminge said:
Yep Torque underwritting here in Victoria!, not sure if they have office where you are but at least 3000grand cheaper than the big names
I'll keep these guys in mind also Laminge, when its time for my upgrade I'll go for these guys, the big names can go jump!

What happened to Elders? I thought they were reasonable.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jem

So did I mate

But I rang Elders after I got the quote from Torque and they said they would match it.

Yeah Good, but does that mean that you where prepared to rip me off nearly 2000 grand overall for my 3 cars? No reaply over the phone... huh gotya!!!

Torque also insures other cars in the XR club and you can choose your own repairer, guarantee Life time rating 1, and get an agreed value on the car..

All the better for me!!

Dont let it hang Jem give em a buz and find out

1 - 20 of 20 Posts