Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
XR Wannabee
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few XR6's with stainless steel mandrel bent piping running from the airbox to the intake manifold. Usually adapted to a pod filter inside the airbox.

Does anyone know if any aftermarket companies sell this piping or is it really a matter of going to someone like an exhaust shop to get a one off one custom made. Any help would be appreciated,

·
XR Wannabee
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
p.s. there is a picture of one on an XR6 at the bottom of the first page of the all ford day pics link on the home page.

S

·
0 Posts
that guy is the guy with the custom scoop on the bonnet to force air into the airbox like the Tickford Sequential. He made the stainless intake himself.

·
Australian EF XR6 Member
155 Posts
I'm currently getting one made up for my XR6 - once they get one made up, I can ask them the price for another one if it helps?

Simon

·
Australian Member
255 Posts
If the price is reasonable.. I might want one as well for my AU S.. Will it come with all the adaptors so it fits nice and snug?

·
XR Wannabee
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Simon,

Who is making the intake for you?

I am not in a position to buy one just yet but thanks for the offer anyway :)

·
Australian Member
255 Posts
Hey All,

I've had a chat to a performance place down near me in Brookvale and he quoted me about $300 for the pipe.. He says that he had already made one for an XR6 but hasn't got any dyno data from it yet either.

Will

·
AU XR8 I - OWNER NOW!
33 Posts
contact rob herrod motorsports in vic he sells them at half the price you guys are talking about . i got 1 for my au1 xr8 for a bargan!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts