Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Intake spacers and CAI

Intake spacers and CAI

How good are they and where can you get one for our base models......

Ive look and called so many places and cant seem to find any for a 4cyl. In most of the profile listed here on FF It seems like thats the first step to upgrade.....Where can I get one?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thats the one I saw.......do you know if it works? Is it worth it?

·
Big Poppa
441 Posts
Cruzan said:
Yeah thats the one I saw.......do you know if it works? Is it worth it?
I dont know what gain you might get on a 2.0....
The spacer just seperates the intake manifold from the heat of the block.... I could see a huge improvement on a large engine (They do basically the same thing for musclecars etc.,) but I couldnt tell you if it would make a difference on your car

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
if you take a look at sean's information, much of what he has tested holds true. there are some performance gains to be had by installing the phenospacer. there are a few 2.0's that have it, including a member of my club who helped sean prototype the item. many of the people who have the phenospacers have them on the 2.5L engines, including myself. i was in on the very first bulk buy, back in the days of the probe-perf list.

the biggest reason why you would want this spacer is to help keep the intake manifold cooler, which will result in denser air and a larger explosion upon combustion.

so, yes he has them available for the 2.0L engine. yes, they do provide some small performance gains. yes, you can get them from the probesport website or directly from sean at outlaw engineering.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i've installed the spacers from outlaw enginereering. although i have not yet dynoed the car after the mod, i could tell on the way home that there was some performance gain. i cant give you specific numbers, they will be small, but there is definetly something there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
EatMoreCow said:

Not anymore. :rdead:
yeah somthing about not fitting correctly,..........A/C in the way... so they stop selling them......

Anyone know of anywhere else?

·
Champ
40 Posts
On the site given above, there is a representation of results for the 2.0. You need to go to the testing page and download the excel spreadsheet. There's a dyno graph on one of the wookbook sheets. There is also temperature data on the next sheet. I would suggest looking at these. They look very promising.

I have a spacer for my 2.0. I don't have it in yet, but I can certainly get back to you with results after I put it in. I should have it in within two weeks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hopefully for sale

soon i will be selling my probe, i was wondering if anyone would intrested in a CAI Arospeed intake for the 4cyl probes ?? comes with filter and yellow tubing and yellow boot. its only been on the car for about 750 miles. Let me know [email protected]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts