Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hardcore GL Tuner
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i get it if i start the thread i can open and close it.but doesnt that defeat the prupose of admins and mods???just my thought on the subject.i would change that if i were you.

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Yeah that is the purpose of the admin and moderators, don't know how you did it. What's also strange is that I am a moderator, yet I cannot close posts. I recall that I used to be able to do that, dunno what happened. What made you try to re-open it anyways?

·
Probe SE Member
144 Posts
The force is strong within you my son, these powers must be used for good and only good...

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
With this type of board software, the person that starts a thread CAN stop it, the only other folks that can are Admins and Supermods. Only Super moderators can do things to ANY posts board wide, mods can only do things in the forums they are assigned to.

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
well since people are going to abuse the ability it has been taken away. which is pretty sad since there was no abuse of that feature by the members. now it is taken away.

·
Hardcore GL Tuner
190 Posts
Aww

Our freedom's are slowly being taken away :cry:
J/K, yeah that's the mod's job anyways, not a biggie that we can't close/open our own posts now...

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Lunatic, for some reason I am not even able to close posts in my own forum, the Probe LX section. I don't have anything that I need to close, I just tried to see if the option was there, and it was not. I was under the impression that I was able to moderate in the standard Probe areas as well, and not just the Probe LX section.

I can understand people abusing their closing priviledges, but I have not close one post yet, so I do not feel that should be taken away from my moderator status.

Thanks

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
my whorebot powers have been taking away.. already got my first closed post.. and i normally would be happy but im not.. :shrug:

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
ok there seems to have been some misunderstanding on the closure and opening of threads. I preciously had it to where the owner of the thread...ie the thread starter could close his thread if he/she felt it went outta control. i have taken that right away from the users at this point.

Vulcan Power: i will have to look at your rights to see why you are not able to do that. give me a few minutes and i will look it over.

·
Hardcore GL Tuner
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
for the sake of security on your forums i would suggest not re implementing that feature.With that feature on people can access other things besides there own threads.i wont specify how on here but if you have any questions contact me via e mail.

·
ProbeAdonis
30 Posts
this whole new board is so confusing but its got a lot of cool features as compared to PT.. just needs to incorporate some of our old smilies :)

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
sarturo_91plx said:
as far as features are conserned this board kicks ass, i love it, now if only it would let u change the color scheme b/c gray on gray is so dull and boring, i wna to change it !
something that i am working on to allow members to change the colors to their likings. soon to have another set up soon

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
i like this board too.. but not much going on other than the probe sections.. i like to talk about mustangs but only a few people posting..

·
Mitsubishi Eclipse Member
10 Posts
sarturo_91plx said:
as far as features are conserned this board kicks ass, i love it, now if only it would let u change the color scheme b/c gray on gray is so dull and boring, i wna to change it !
I agree....I'm not a huge fan of gray on gray!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts