Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
walking power
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the oppurtunity to have a VY SS series 2 ute in my possesion for a day thanks to a really good friend of mine(he only had it for 2 days too).
It was holdens purple colour with purple inserts on the seats and colour coded instruments. Now when i got in this thing i felt right at home straight away as it has a really warm feel to it and was really comfy. Now dont get me wrong i have no intentions of swapping sides as i do feel there are some things in the VY that make it feel a touch messy but you look past that. So what im getting at is, do you think Ford could benefit by introducing a few more splashes of colour here and there, i know they have the colour coded seats as well but the colour is hardly noticeable. I also thought that the VY had a bit more support around the sides compared to the BA.

Also do you think that there should be a larger range of colours to choose from in terms of fabric, as people who order orange or citric acid really only have the choice of grey fabric or leather.

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
i have a BA XR8 Ute i understand your what you are saying. Teza on these forums has a BA XR8 Ute also he was saying the same thing to me about needing more color in the cabin especially if you get leather like we did, no color not even in the seats all black interior. i like it all black he doesn't..
and the outside look of the BA vs VY utes you dont need to ask me wich one looks better..

thx. this thread might get moved to ute forum

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
I've never been inside a VY SS ute so I cant coment on the trim,but I do agree that the Trim option's (colour's) in the BA should be lifted a notch or two, Ford seem's to be more conservative toward's the BA ute, where as the Commy ute is more sport's minded.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thats one thing that i'm dissapointed in... I ticked 'leather' and it just makes the interior so bland. Black plastic doors, with black leather inserts... plus, the seats get hot as shit when in direct sunlight for any period of time... would have loved to have had the option to colour code the leather.

·
walking power
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i just grabbed the latest copy of wheels magazine and flipped to the DJR car and saw exactly how i want my interior to be. I know the DJR is a custom made vehicle but its where Ford should be heading in terms of colour options for their interior.

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Can you scan any pic's for us Fordy,I havn't seen the interior of the DJR BA,cheer's.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Having colour in the interior is really comes down to the persons taste. At the Sydney motor show i sat in the VYII with the leather option which has the Berlina spec interior. I must say it was quite nice.

I believe just like the AUII/III that the interiors will be more adventurous in the BAII.

·
FF Town Sheriff
1,165 Posts
seems that Ford have addressed this issue, or so I'm told........but will wait to see it in the fleash first

·
Falcon: Back II Back
62 Posts
Fordy said:
Well i just grabbed the latest copy of wheels magazine and flipped to the DJR car and saw exactly how i want my interior to be. I know the DJR is a custom made vehicle but its where Ford should be heading in terms of colour options for their interior.
Took the words right out of my mouth!! The DJR BA ROX!!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I think the sports leather has color coded stiching and XR logos, and as of this month you can get orange or yellow plexis cloth seats to match Blood Orange and Citric Acid. My dad has just ordered a Blood Orange turbo with plexis orange seats.

·
walking power
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah you're right bossxr8, i went into the dealer not long ago and this has just come in, theres a new leather(imho doesnt look the best) and you can get the orange and citric acid cloth as you said, it also comes with matching stiching.

Show us some pics when your dad gets it, cheers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
XR_Strider_GuY said:
Having colour in the interior is really comes down to the persons taste. At the Sydney motor show i sat in the VYII with the leather option which has the Berlina spec interior. I must say it was quite nice.

I believe just like the AUII/III that the interiors will be more adventurous in the BAII.
I couldn't agree more with the fact it comes down to individual taste. Whilst it may look "sporty", the plexis purple finish was the last thing both my wife and I wanted for our Phantom coloured car. This is not to say that if I was twenty years younger, and minus the 3 tin lids, I wouldn't say that it looked cool.

In the end the leather option provided a "classier" look to match what we were looking for.

I thought the AU11 interior was a huge improvement on the Series 1, and I honestly believe they went backwards with the fabric and "plexis" finishes in the BA.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Hey fordy, have you seen the up spec leather option for the xr's?
it costs a little more, $1400, but it has stitching coloured to match the duco, and has a suede type insert. IMO it looks better than the standard pursuit trim, ask your ford dealer, this option has been made available as of jan 1st.

·
walking power
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
philstoj said:
Hey fordy, have you seen the up spec leather option for the xr's?
it costs a little more, $1400, but it has stitching coloured to match the duco, and has a suede type insert. IMO it looks better than the standard pursuit trim, ask your ford dealer, this option has been made available as of jan 1st.
Yeah i've seen it but not really a fan of the centre bit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts