Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Probe Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone painted or dyed their interior on here? I want to change the color from red to black on my 90pgl. I saw some Folatec stuff, is that good? or is something else better on plastic? Thanks, Kyle
Oh, pics are good if you have done it, so please post your results

EDIT- i saw the other post, but i want to do the whole interior inc. dash

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I have some of the Folia Tec paint...the stuff works but once you apply it, it wont ever come off. You can order it from jcwhitney.

·
Forgotten
65 Posts
Nylie said:
I have some of the Folia Tec paint...the stuff works but once you apply it, it wont ever come off. You can order it from jcwhitney.

Hmm, do you think it'll work well on my cowl cover?
It's kinda grey, and it's a pain in the ass to put Mother's Back to Black on it every week. It looks decent after you apply it, but fades quickly.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Well, im not sure if itll work. What I have is interior only...not sure about under the hood. My advice if you use it, get the cleaner stuff they sell too and use all the steps...that way it comes out looking better than what I did.

·
Probe Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really don't want it to ever come off. Nylie, do you have any pics, and how did you do it?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I dont really have any pics, but heres my advice:
make sure you clean thoroughly what you intend on painting. Make sure if you can remove it, that you do. Mask off any parts you dont want to get painted. What I didnt do was clean things properly, and I mucked up the end results. Take your time and just make sure to do it right the first time. With Folia Tec, you dont have the option of redoing it if you mess up.

·
Probe Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am taking all of the interior parts out to paint if i do, how has it lasted, i dont want it to chip or faid, i will be going from the first gen red to black. i am going to paint the black plastic trim silver. i am hoping it will look sweet.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
All I did was the pass. side vent. From a a far it looks ok..but not upclose. Im waiting to get another vent. Make sure you get a cleaner for it and sand it down. I dont know about removing the dash, since I know in a 2nd gen they are really tough to get out. But, the prep work will cause the end result to be positive or negative.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
The folia tec I have is a spray paint type of deal. Its like heavy laquer. Its tough and permanente.

·
TEAM URBAN ASSAULT
45 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Nylie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just want to clear up something up the folia tec paint people sell a remover to remove the paint and a cleaner and somrhting else i 4got LATERZ..........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts