Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi people,

Well we live in Melbourne, and early in the new year, my wife and I are seriously considering broadband, now that both our work places are supporting VPN, and should be able to claim most of it back, so I want to know who is best in your opinion, cost wise, download limits, etc.

Jason

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Internet Broadband Moblounre ... Who is a good one?

I meant Melbourne. can anyone fix the title of the thread.

Jason

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

www.whirlpool.net.au

Check out the Broadband Choice section

Personally I think Swiftels 1500/256 8gb with excess at $5gb is great value

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts

i am with iinet....20gb for 79.95 a month free uploads...internode apparently are also good..

·
Registered
7,505 Posts

i'm with netspace and can't complain, prolly not as cheap as iinet though

·
spaced out
648 Posts

im with Dart on a 512k/128k no limits for $100 a month

·
Senior Events Moderator
1,710 Posts
I fixed up Melbourne for you.

I also go with IInet have had no problems with them yet.
They seem pretty damn good ATM

512/256
$79.95

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hehehehe

Swiftel 1500/256 8gb and $5gb excess only costs me $70pm :)
10 email addresses and static IP for free
I gave iinet the flick and its paid off nicely

Uploads free, user to user in the same state free, no pipenetworks like iinet, but 8gb it more than enough for me.

And seeing the superooracing Nascar and GPL webserver goes onto a Swiftel connection this Friday, I can race for free forever. BWAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAAA!

·
Senior Events Moderator
1,710 Posts
XWGT said:
Hehehehe

Swiftel 1500/256 8gb and $5gb excess only costs me $70pm :)
10 email addresses and static IP for free
I gave iinet the flick and its paid off nicely

Uploads free, user to user in the same state free, no pipenetworks like iinet, but 8gb it more than enough for me.

And seeing the superooracing Nascar and GPL webserver goes onto a Swiftel connection this Friday, I can race for free forever. BWAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAAA!

:AAHHH: Guess who is not coming out of his house until Broadband decides to go on the blink :AAHHH:

·
Registered
104 Posts
www.dartinternet.com.au Premium 10000 is tops in my book. I am signing my family up to it and am going to leach off it via a wireless link to my house 600 meters away. 512/128 speeds, 10gb a month then shaped to a bloody fast 128/128. Really good deals on wireless gear if you purchase at signup as well. Check their forum on http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-threads.cfm?f=96 as it appears they are unmeterd for the next 1.5 months. They are installing pipe as well so heaps of stuff is permanantly unmetered.
only $64 a month cant be beat imho. Why would you chance it on having to pay extra if you go over your limit?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I get 160 from my 1500/256. You should get that from 1500/128 as well

·
i get about 35-40 kb/s from kazaa and download from net, i could get better though when i get my new computer my current one is probably lagging it behind

btw, i've gone over my mb limit so much this month(its my first month on ADSL) that is going to cost about $80 in over the limit fees and thats on top of the $50 a month! its bloodly stupid, lucky im upgrade to 4 times the amount for only $20 more a month, I cant make much sense of it myself but the telecom company is getting a shitload of profit from it

·
Registered
765 Posts
Swiftel 512/128, 16 gig per month costs me $70 per month. $5 per gig after could not be happier.

·
BAII XR6T Driver!
571 Posts
XWGT said:
Hehehehe
Sweet! I'm another happy Swiftel Customer as well. Sadly though because I am in Syd and the server is in Melb the traffic to and from the server won't be free for me. But hey with 16GB a month (512/128 16gb plan for $65 a month hehehe) I can't say I am worried! :s6:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts