Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FPV Weekend Cruise???

Ok guys, i'm aware that some of the SA members are heading over for the FPV weekend, but as far as i can find on the forums, there is no mention of a cruise for the weekend.
i don't want to leave any organising too late so i figure we should find out what is exactly going on.
IF there is no FF cruise on the weekend, i propose a short Saturday Night cruise then sit around and chat for a while, no ideas myself but i really wanna make sure we DO something!

IF anyone has any ideas on what is going on with that weekend please let me know, but we have to do something!

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Re: FPV Weekend Cruise???

John you have just volunteered to organise something :thup:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Interstate

yea no worries, i just need ppl to reply!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I will be in melb from the 26th of feb for the fpv day. I'm happy to go on a cruise. I am staying at ferntree gully.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
If it's on a Saturday night like you propose then I'm down, that is if you guys don't mind a Commodore tagging along :wnc:

Ash

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I most probably can do something on the saturday, dunno bout FPV day itself though.

·
AKA: Spaniard
848 Posts
I should be able to make something so long as I have a bit more details.

·
Bucknaked Is My Real Name
1,458 Posts
Re: FPV Weekend Cruise???

EFFalcon said:
Ok guys, i'm aware that some of the SA members are heading over for the FPV weekend, but as far as i can find on the forums, there is no mention of a cruise for the weekend.
i don't want to leave any organising too late so i figure we should find out what is exactly going on.
IF there is no FF cruise on the weekend, i propose a short Saturday Night cruise then sit around and chat for a while, no ideas myself but i really wanna make sure we DO something!

IF anyone has any ideas on what is going on with that weekend please let me know, but we have to do something!

I was over at the FPV area of the forums, and cam was talking about a cruise on Saturday night.

http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=60208

So count me in. I'm sure there will be others from the clubs interested

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i know there was mention of a cruise, but no one is organising anything, if the FF guys organise something i'm happy to go that way.
but i don't think we should be leaving the organising too late considering there are people coming from all over the place to come!
if there is no more info on it by the weekend i'll go ahead and plan something.
stay posted :)

ps. if u have any ideas, go for it :p

·
Registered
456 Posts
With interstate ppl coming over, why not show off some of our city.
Meet at Albert Park, mid arvo, cruze thru tunnel, down Monash, then up to the top of Mt Dandenong for sunset and a BBQ.
Just an idea ??

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. It would be best to avoid the tunnel because interstaters wont have etag devices and will probably end up getting nice $100 fines in the mail

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1. Albert park would be the worst place to meet: GP organising etc.
2. Tunnel involves everyone getting a day pass/etag which adds to hassle and cost.
3. As mentioned in the other meet thread, most people from interstate will be staying closer to FPV itself, so perhaps starting/finishing up that way would be best.

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
I am one of the guys coming over for the weekend, and I'll have my car on display on the FPV day.

I have been one of the people pushing John for the cruise lol, and it doesn't bother me where we go, but I dont really want to have to buy an e-tag, although I could source one if I need to...

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
AKA: Spaniard
848 Posts
Are you going to send an e-mail around, John?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok guys, plans have changed substantially.
AU1SIXA HAS planned something atlast, and it differs quite a lot from the original ideas.

the new thread is:
http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?p=646967#post646967

keep an eye on it and see what eventuates.
when i know there is an 'official' set of meet points, i'll send off an email.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts