Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been a member of this site for very long, and am still looking around ( I have to say that from a personal point of view, the site looks completely disorganised, but then maybe that's because I just haven't got used to where everything is yet ) ... anyway, I've gathered that the majority of members here are from Australia .. OK, fine ... tell me something then .. how come nobody here is talking about Christmas which is just a few days away ?. Unless I've missed a huge thread on the subject, there appear to be no discussions taking place about the dreaded Christmas shopping .. what people would like for Christmas .. what they've bought others .. how much money they've spent on Christmas ... whether they're going out partying over Christmas or staying at home .. are relatives or friends coming over .. are they going down the pub or clubs for a few beers, has Christmas stressed you out already etc etc etc. Even the site itself doesn't seem to be celebrating Christmas .. no festive gif images or animations are present .. it's like Christmas doesn't exist here. So, when did Australia ban Christmas, or are all the members here named Mr. E. Scrooge by any chance ?.

:werd:
 

·
We Love Greb Murpy
Joined
·
3,022 Posts
Three words as a rule:

Aussies Don't Care :rofl:

It's something that happens, and we all do it in our own seperate ways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ford.boy said:
Three words as a rule:

Aussies Don't Care :rofl:

It's something that happens, and we all do it in our own seperate ways.
Wow
What a miserable country that doesn't care about Christmas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
847 Posts
HAHAHAHA What ford.boy said ppl in Australia dont like listening to christmas related woohaa every second of the day. Christmas carols are just a nightmare after a while and it is to bloody hot to do much else other than get pissed (and work on our cars :)).
 

·
Ford Appreciation Society
Joined
·
3,666 Posts
Nah - people prefer to talk about cars.

Just wait until after Xmas, when the posts about what car related xmas gifts they received... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
LCJ66 said:
Wow
What a miserable country that doesn't care about Christmas
I take it that you won't be coming for a visit and then complaining about the weather then??

I don't think we are miserable to say the least, but more to the point, it's another public holiday. There is also alot of truth in what Ford.boy said too.
 

·
We Love Greb Murpy
Joined
·
3,022 Posts
Here, I'm festive, OK?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,552 Posts
LCJ66 said:
I haven't been a member of this site for very long, and am still looking around ( I have to say that from a personal point of view, the site looks completely disorganised, but then maybe that's because I just haven't got used to where everything is yet )
There has been threads about this to see what members want and need. problem will lay with the fact that covering such a broad array of cars and countries we have to accomidate for all. Seeing how this is FordForums.com and not FordAustralia.com we cater to all cars.....well most that we can. If you have suggestions then please speak up in the site ideas and suggestions forum. :)


LCJ66 said:
... anyway, I've gathered that the majority of members here are from Australia .. OK, fine ... tell me something then .. how come nobody here is talking about Christmas which is just a few days away ?. Unless I've missed a huge thread on the subject, there appear to be no discussions taking place about the dreaded Christmas shopping .. what people would like for Christmas .. what they've bought others .. how much money they've spent on Christmas ... whether they're going out partying over Christmas or staying at home .. are relatives or friends coming over .. are they going down the pub or clubs for a few beers, has Christmas stressed you out already etc etc etc. Even the site itself doesn't seem to be celebrating Christmas .. no festive gif images or animations are present .. it's like Christmas doesn't exist here. So, when did Australia ban Christmas, or are all the members here named Mr. E. Scrooge by any chance ?.

:werd:
Truely speaking from a Texans point of view.......Xmas is too freaking commercialized. There is too much BS about completely useless and utterly selfcentered crap that you have to have coming from all angles. Be it Radio, TV, newsprint and magazines.

I do not like Xmas due to the fact that it is over commercialised and completely blown out of proportions now. I think the aussies have it right to be honest. Why waste your time and energy on doing useless dribble to be fake. I can see sitting down and spending the time with family/friends and having a few cold ones a good dinner and exchange a few gifts.

I dont see a need for xmas trees, lights or some fat old bastard in a sleigh on your roof.

LCJ66 said:
Even the site itself doesn't seem to be celebrating Christmas .. no festive gif images or animations are present .. it's like Christmas doesn't exist here.
Why bother with throwing up a string of lights on here. Throwing up pictures for Xmas. Not everyone practices it. Not everyone has the winter theme to look at during this time of year. Yes it may be nice to look at, but it does get old quick. Just my 2 cents.


LCJ66 said:
It's f**king freezing here and we're expecting snow before this weekend is over

Enjoy your snow I will be basking in 60F weather and having a BBQ.

hehe
 

·
pR()rN_*
Joined
·
1,966 Posts
bah I love christmas but I don't want my lovely blue forum coated in christmas red crap.
I come here to discuss cars and funney stuff.
We are all talking about christmas or at least what the police want to do us over christmas....
 

·
Experimental Racer#6
Joined
·
8,192 Posts
MY personal view is very close to what Lunatic SVT said.
Christmas is Overated.
It has lost its point in the Marketing hype of new toys, the latest moblie phone, etc, etc.
The good thing is its a day where we can get away with making a pig of ourselves, by going back foe that, 3rd plate of ham, or that(Laminge)54th mince pie.
:p
I just love the brandy custard.:p
 

·
Still Dazed and Confused
Joined
·
473 Posts
Is it Christmas already! Damn, spose I'd better better buy the wife something then.

I was worried that I'm not going to able to spray the car before I go back to work, let alone all the hype that goes with the festive season.
I spose that we don't tend to harp on about it as we have all have 'lives' over here! We tell our 'tales' in how much we ate, drank, and had sex!

And of course our cars!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
738 Posts
Considering most of the members here are men, and think about it, when it comes to Xmas organising, who does most of it? The women! It gives the women the chance to do something they enjoy - shopping. They usually compile a Xmas cards list including people they don't speak to much, but must send a card to because they sent you one last year. Men on the other hand don't send Xmas cards out and don't care if we don't receive any from other friends

The men will preside over the thing that is their role at gatherings over this festive period - cooking the BBQ. Multitasking between turning the snags over and bending the elbow with beer in hand.

As most people get older, Xmas has a different meaning. For kiddies - PRESENTS. For adults - pretty much catching up with family you only see once a year, eating too much and drinking even more.

Most adults tend to just get a bit stressed this time of year with all the shopping centre crowds, money spent and repetitive Xmas carols - when Xmas actually arrives, everone is buggered and wants a rest.
 

·
Whats traction?
Joined
·
2,197 Posts
I have to admit I'm over christmas.

I look at it now as a time to catch up with family, have a damn good feed and use the public holidays to get my car worked on.

Considering I don't get either a christmas bonus nor do I get any holidays, its just another huge chunk of my car money spent matching the cost of the presents other people are buying me because I don't want to look stingy.

Personally i'd be happy with a slab and a bit of christmas nookie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,348 Posts
christmas sux, i always have too much work to finish at this time,cheques to collect, bills to pay, stress, pressure....how can you enjoy this time of year...
its just another day, if i got nothing better to do, i will probably work..
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top