Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, we all will know by now that Ford hav won 3 rounds in a row and it has obviously gone to 3 different drivers (Johnson the Rat and Ambrose) Barbagallo being round 6 of the championship.
This means that 1/2 of the rounds have been won by Ford yet Holden have 1-2-3 in the championship standings....
This shows that Ford are hurting themselves by having so many different drivers able to be running up front and not having one team consistently at the front and winning such as HRT.
Although it s good to see so may Fords up and winning, it is not so good to see Holden drivers leading the championship as there is hardly even reference shown to the overall points standings between the manufacturers...
Will we be left with the ridiculous standings at the end of the year showing more Ford round wins but a Holden driver winning overall? Lets hope not.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
It's a good point you raise there DK, 'cause this afternoon the missus asked me why Ford are winning all these races but Skaife and Co are leading the title chase. I think it's a good thing to have all these ford blokes up the front, but at the same time we need to build some consistency into the teams. I guess that's the next step on the road to recovery. 1st step was to start winning, next step consistency.. :D

·
Administrator
5,108 Posts
I see your point DK but I think just seeing Ford winning races is giving a better image than not winning races but leading the points at this point. Given time we mite have both. Lets bathe in the glory for now. WAHOOO

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah can't expect it to change over nite, but it will happen hmmm bad saying there. But you get my drift, it's mad that ford are winning races, given time we'll be up there on points.

3 rounds in a row, go ford i say... :D :D :D

·
Australian Falcon Member
865 Posts
Just out of curiosity, are Ford on the charge thru improved performance on their side or a drop in performance on the Holden side of things? (I haven't been following the statistics unfortunately).

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Have a look at the Fords performance since the last parity adjustment. Holdens 16 round record should be stricken from the books as it was obtained through poor Avesco management.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HSE2 said:
Have a look at the Fords performance since the last parity adjustment. Holdens 16 round record should be stricken from the books as it was obtained through poor Avesco management.
Agreed :thumbup: ;)

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
If Ford were allowed to use their original aero kit , Ford would've won the championship in 1999, 2000 and probably this year but Holden complained like they did at the end of '95 and f#cked us up . Bastards.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
Holdens 16 round record should be stricken from the books as it was obtained through poor Avesco management.
I wonder how the "bonus" system works at AVESCO. Oh hang on.. with Holden in their back pocket, they don't need a bonus system. The thing I can't believe is that there's Ford representation in the AVESCO board! They let this horsesh*te happen for so long.. :fmad:

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Apart from the original AU Aero kit (that was not allowed to be used), what other restrictions were placed on falcon, and what are the benefits of the commodore race car? I've heard things like the commodore teams were allowed to widen the track bla bla, is this all fact?

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
I hated that bulls**t in '95, with the cuts to the wings and the extra 50kg that was thrown into the fords.
But god it was good to see the Pack Leader car leading almost all the way until that damn valve spring broke.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JEM said:
Apart from the original AU Aero kit (that was not allowed to be used), what other restrictions were placed on falcon, and what are the benefits of the commodore race car? I've heard things like the commodore teams were allowed to widen the track bla bla, is this all fact?
They limited the front suspension travel on the falcons to raise the ride height... cut the undertray as well.
For the EF homologation they knocked back a greatly improved rear wing/front splitter in mych the same way as they did for the AU.
At the same time they have let holden increase the front track etc...

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
I remember last year I was at Calder, the first round of 2000 which saw the introduction of the TEGA front undertray to the falcons. If it were not for reverse grid we radisich would have taken Victory. Fastest car on the day should win, I say. Just like Radisich was the fastest man (or car) at Barbagello hecne he won.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
by the way i dont think that winning races but losing the championship is any worse than losing races and losing the championship ect. It was bad luck at eastern creek that robbed craig lowndes and marcos ambrose from victory, which again happened at the GMC 400. Unlike holden who have had only 1 or 2 teams win, Ford has a whole varity of competitive teams which will get better and better in time

·
Administrator
5,108 Posts
EDFUTURA said:
Just out of curiosity, are Ford on the charge thru improved performance on their side or a drop in performance on the Holden side of things? (I haven't been following the statistics unfortunately).
I think Ford have broken a lap record or 2 so it sounds like an improvement.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
"The only problem is, that Ford will probably have a whole host of race winners - Seton, Richards, Radisich, Johnson, Larkham, Besnard, Lowndes, Bowe and Ambrose - and that may allow Skaife to win again and start talking about defeat from the jaws of victory..." As quoted by Henry on Wednesday, February 14, 2001 12:03:15 PM AEST http://www.sportal.com.au/v8x.asp?i=news&id=7947

·
337 Posts
Larkham, Bowe and Besnard dont seem to look like winning a race anytime this year to me. However I do agree that all the other Ford Drivers mentioned are very competitive. Its pleasing to see DJR doing quite well. Im still heart broken after Bathurst 99.

Tim

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Tim_EF_5.0 said:
Im still heart broken after Bathurst 99.
I'm still heart broken after the last two years.. :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts