Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
psycho chicken gave me the idea of getting my P's a bit earlier by going interstate
the interstate licenses are valid for 3 months in another state
so what i was thinking are there any things that would stop me from getting a lisence earlier? as i'm going to perth in 4 months and am a QLD every 6 months so is it possible???

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats wot i was thinking
does owning a investment property there count as a residency? lol

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I've heard of people doing in Queensland, Victorian residents.

Perhaps they had rellies interstate?

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Criteria
A motor car licence may be issued provided the applicant:
is 18 years of age, and
is a Victorian resident, and
has established proof of identity, and
has held a current motor car learner permit for a minimum period of time, and
is not currently suspended, disqualified or refused, and
has passed all appropriate tests and paid appropriate fees.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this is wot i found on vicroads is it diff on any other rta site

i am willing to travel anywhere to get p's earlier

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nah they are all overseas :(

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
NSW you can do it if you have 50 hrs on your L's (which must be logged) and you're 17 or over. The only problem I could see you having is the logbook, as the RTA gives them to you when you do your L's test. If you can get around that I'll let you be my brother for a day while you do the test ;).

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
Come to SA.

L's @ 16
P's @ 16.5
Fulls @ 19

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
8 months till full licence mmm :)

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Walkinshaw said:
Come to SA.

L's @ 16
P's @ 16.5
Fulls @ 19
16.5 P's!
that'll be cool i might be going to sa for a weekend soon to repair a crack in someonrs benchtop so i might enquire in at your rta

back to the futura: vicroads gave me a log book to but i havn't kept it filled in thats the only problem but i can guess what ive done all i know s i've done 3000-4000km already

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Do VicRoads go by how many kms you've done? That seems weird.

I had 87 hours logged when I went to do my test (only need 50 but i got the bug for driving hehe), and the only reason i didnt get 100 outta 100 was cos i screwed up my reverse park (damn i hate those things, havent done one since the test and dont plan to).

Sorry, Ill stop bragging now! :wnc:

I dunno how you'd go with doing this anyway, I mean seriously you can't get away with just faking an address in another state for a day?

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
In Vic you only need to have held your L's for 6 months.

And you probably couldn't fake an address, speeding fines would go there. So unless you've got a relly dunno.

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
change your residency... i was thinkin of this over the school holidays...... say u lived in sa for 3 mnths... and then get your license in sa, even though u lived in vic the whole time, but u musnt do this while your at school... cause they can tell uve been there by attendance yet u say u live in sa, so they will smell a rat... helps if u have relies cause all your mail will be sent there too! i got 10 mnths to go so im not to fussed!

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
damn ill have to find something
maybe i can get mail sent to the inv. property and they can send it down here
but the thing is i never met the ppl in the inv. property

and who say's i'm gonna get a speeding ticket? i'm always atleast 10 overthe limit and no cop has ever cared - actually once one was pushing at me and i was already 15 over the limit

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Cops never care about learners!

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i know i found this out on wellington rd after only 2 days of driving

i was having trouble keeping the right speed still always going over the limit then under again and at the time that i was over by alot i passed a coppa holding a radar pointed at my car and i went like oh crap and was ready to pull onver and all checked the rear view mirror and he just kept the radar at the traffic so now i just don't care!
whats 1 point any way i will still have 11 left!

·
1.3 Kilometers per Litre
130 Posts
I got my South Australian P's because when I finished school I was 17. To get your P's in SA, you need to get your South Australian L's, which is a shitload harder test than the Vic one. Then you either need to do the logbook (if you've got a few months) or do the driving test, which is also a lot more difficult than the Vic test.

But before all of that, you need a living address in SA as they post your licence out to you. If one of the SA members wants to help out :angel: , it would be quite doable. But just remember, if the tester sniffs out that you're Victorian, you'll go broke very quickly...

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ahh then i think i'll just wait for the 586 days to go i recon!

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
Vandy said:
But just remember, if the tester sniffs out that you're Victorian, you'll go broke very quickly...
we SA folk can smell one of your VIC folk out a mile away........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts