Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Probe GT Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of doing something very very bad, yup, getting rid of my front license plate. Its required to show your front license plate in Ohio, but I know of people going years with no plate and no problems. I heard that if I did get busted for it, I could stick it in my windshield. Would this look realy stupid? Or would it look better than that bracket? Is it worth the risk????

·
White men Cant Jump!
201 Posts
I took mine off on my old car, No Problems in Canada

If you want a cheat, Take your Bracket and Break it.. Or crack it...

Keep in your trunk

When the cop pulls you over, pull it out saying someone hit you and broke it, and you are waiting for a new one

Works for me :)

(Ding the plate up as well)

·
Probe GT Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny thing is, I really did hit someone and my bracket really is cracked a little. hehe But that bracket saved my front bumper from damage so that thing actually did some good.

·
Probe GT Member
62 Posts
Go ahead and do it...keep your plate under your seat and if you are getting pulled over then put it in the window quickly. Take off the bracket though on the front.

·
Probe GT Member
62 Posts
Merlin said:
go ahead and paint your car titty nipple pink,,,i dare you.
Like a Mary Kay Taurus?

(I've seen some Taurus's, 96-ish and up, that are painted that god-awful color and they have 'Mary Kay' stickers)

Please excuse me while I go throw up

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
carolinas has no front liscense plate.. the only thing i like about this state.. :razz:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Here in California, you get a fix it ticket if you have no front plate. I got one, and never took the plate back off. I figure why hassle with it.

P

·
0 Posts
I've never had any front plate on any of my cars. Been pulled over and the cop saw I had no front plate so he just went and got my number off the back.

You shouldn't have a problem.

·
Probe GT Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Probe 2C said:
I've never had any front plate on any of my cars. Been pulled over and the cop saw I had no front plate so he just went and got my number off the back.

You shouldn't have a problem.
Damn, its like the cops in Ohio dont give a **** what you do to your car.... But that prick who gave me a $200 noise violation ticket will probably get me :mad:

·
Probe GT Member
117 Posts
do it...listen to jared

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
The first thing I did to my PGT 6yrs ago was take that stupid frame off (why did they make it so HUGE & clunky?). Never had a problem--even been pulled over a few times, the cop just went straight to the back of the car.

·
NextGenerationPerformance
10 Posts
just do it. the only time i ever have a problem is when the cop is out to get you and in that situation your screwed no matter what 'cause they'll find multiple things to give you a ticket for

·
Registered
11 Posts
Or move to a state with no front plate.
Tennessee
South Carolina
Arkansas
Mississippi

those are all I can think of.

Front plates BLOW. :thdn:

·
Probe GT Member
94 Posts
Alabama doesn't require front plates. I'm thinking of using the bracket for a custom license plate with our club logo on it.
Barry

·
Big Poppa
441 Posts
My 92 Probe GL never had a front plate... I had it for about 2 years I think and never was pulled over for that.... I was pulled over for other things but it was never mentioned by the cop. Of course that is in Summit county though and youre probably in what? Lorain or somthing.... Cops are different everywhere including throughout the state... If one wants to be a prick about it they will pull you over. Plenty of my friends that didnt have front plates will vouch for that!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts