Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading through Auto Action and there's an interview with him on the back pages. He was basically ****ping on about how great HSV/HRT are and how Ford copy everything that they do.
He also mentioned how it was him who got Brocky back to HRT and no-one else.
Is it just me or does this guy have his head so far up his own arse it's not funny?

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
BAH, Crennan, noone listens to his dribble anyway.
I'd say that his head is so far up his ass that it's poked back up out the top and he almost looks normal.
I'd say he is single handedly responsible for HRT shafting Brock the way they did myself....

T

·
0 Posts
was this the same guy that shafted brocky over the polarizer or have i got the info wrong.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And now Lowndsey is rubbing it in his face.... there is a god afterall.... ;)

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Well it is now offical. Holden wouldn't let him speak to 60 minutes because he can't keep a sane mouth and now Brock confirms how low a person John is

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It should be obvious to all & sundry by now that the guy is an absolute tool. Ok he may be able to sell cars, but that may not last too long know everyone knows the full story...

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
I wonder if he actually believes all the crap he dishes out, he's an absolute airhead like Tander is.
I also wonder how he manages to sleep at night....

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's funny you should mention Tander DK, my best mate is a mad Holden man and he hates Tander... reckons he's a real arrogant tool...

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It must be a Holden thing to have talent and be a tool... Skaife, Tander, Ingall, Perkins... the only holden bloke I like is bargs 'cause he's a nutball...

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Direct quote taken from Autumn 2001 edition of HSV excelerate:

"Of all the car companies scratching and clawing for a place in Australian hearts, HSV more than any other understands who buys- or who wants to buy- its cars. So long as you don't forget what your slot is says Crennan, the business won't hit the wall. Particularly when the opposition is struggling. Ford via the Ford Tickford Experience, has lacked conviction. If it really wanted to gang tackle HSV, then it should have been braver to start with. "the root cause of their problem is the Tickford brand, says Crennan" Is it LPG? Is it sports wheels? XR6 and XR8? or is it now t series? How do you unravel that?"

hmmmmmmmmm.:evil:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
You can argue that in every BS arguement there is an element of truth and in this case I think John has a point. But I can not accept that sunroofs or lpg in anyway influences anyone not to buy a Tickford car. T series failed because it was 1 no better then the XR8 and 2 given point 1 it was never going to attract new owners from other brands.
Elements of the original Tseries are concepts I agree with so i am dissapointed that some ideas are now being questioned but Tickford were never in the position to win a HP war and the importance of this fact is something tickford still can't accept themselves to this day.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, I'll agree with you on that one. Tickford does have a confused brand image at the moment and I think the reason for that is FTE, FTR and the XR's.

Everywhere you read it is Ford Tickford this and Ford Tickford that.. It should just be Tickford. Tickford T-Series, Ford XR's, and the LPG and suspension mod only get mentioned at the dealers for customers who are looking to get it done.

I still think crennan is a wanker though...

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
There are somevery good reasons for the Ford Tickford word link. The Tickford brand is not the confused image that people would like to think. In fact it is the only strong brand that people do recognise as Fords own marketing research has showed them

1 - 20 of 33 Posts