Ford Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
ebxr8240 said:
Yes but if it doesn't have a Holden or G.M badge on it then it doesn't count !!!
To some one eyed people..

Yes nice car...In some ways tooo nice to be teated the way it is ???
Good ole "Boss" 302....
Gary's had that car for 20 odd years---only drives it on sundays ( hard )!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is the 302 Windsor a good motor?

You must be kidding me, it is the sweetest small block V8.

Capable of doing over 500,000 kms before any major work needs to be done to it.They rev out hard and go forever almost.

Guess what ? When my engine packs it in Im not putting a 351 Windsor or Cleveland, I sticking to the little 302 Windsor.

Call me stupid or anything but I love these motors!!!

Ive got one in my ZD Fairlane (original motor- nothing been done to it) and though it is stock considering the size of the car and its weight (1543 kgs) it pulls it along just dandy. I drive it everyday and drive it hard and have been doing so for years and it still has plenty of guts let in it.

In fact my ZD fairlane is very quick of the mark and it goes very well when I boot it. (I've had it up to 100 mph on a secluded highway going to Shepparton). Considering it is a 34 year old engine that has done 150,000 miles that is not too bad.

Imagine if I put a 4 barrel carby and manifold on it what it can do. Wake it up a bit more.

Its no race performance engine and I aint going to win any Bathurst races but I wouldnt swap the little ol'Windsor for anything.

I think it is the most reliable small block V8.

Ford V8 Windsor fan.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts