Ford Forums banner

Is the sct flasher detectable?

33K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  SHOZ123 
#1 ·
Hi all,
just browsing through all my ford sites and came across a post about a guy who has had his edit detected, this is his post:

QUOTE//
I agree the edit is superior to piggyback BUT

The stealth bit is crap -

Go ask Ford, SCT, Herrod, Capa, or any Ford Dealer to give you an explanation of error code 1205.

Most dealers don't know shit from clay - but go ask, then come back and tell us all what they have to say.

Here i will spare you the effort - "The ECU has had an aftermarket program installed onto it".

OR if you got a dyno tune - yes thats detectable too.

They can even detect whether it was CAPA or Herrod!

If you want more power (other than CAI), you do your warranty!
Edit = more power, Yes. Stealth - BULLSHIT!

END QUOTE//

Anyway, i was / am saving for this edit, but now im a little bit worried as i was told that it was %100 undetectable.

Anyone?

Cheers
Jim

See less See more
#27 ·
What a good read, I know I will be getting a tune for my F250 now.
And for all who believe they can catch you, I will post up if I ever do....but I wouldnt hold my breath.
Thanks for all the info guys.

#28 ·
I can't even find a DTC 1205 in the Ford manuals. Wonder what year and vehicle they were talking about.

The only problem I've seen is the P1000 does not get reset after driving awhile. But if you load up a no OBDII codes value file into the flasher program this disappears to.

I have heard of Ford techs cutting one of the wires on the OBDII plug harness to prevent uploading programs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.