Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TS 50 series III, I am sure it is the only mercury silver one in Australia, does anyone else know of another, Cheers, David

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
No ive never seen one in that color. It would be a very rare car thats for sure..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Noboss said:
No ive never seen one in that color. It would be a very rare car thats for sure..
Yes it is very rare, I have just sold the car and am now regreting it because it is a 1 off and is in absolute immaculate cond, shes on carpoint and carsales

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
1 OFF TS III said:
Yes it is very rare, I have just sold the car and am now regreting it because it is a 1 off and is in absolute immaculate cond, shes on carpoint and carsales
Ho well everyone makes one mistake in life.. :shh:

·
ESP Man
888 Posts
So far, it is the only Mercury Silver, TE or TS, on my database.

Another colour that is proving to be quite rare is Congo Green. I know of only 2 or 3

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
shaynet said:
So far, it is the only Mercury Silver, TE or TS, on my database.

Another colour that is proving to be quite rare is Congo Green. I know of only 2 or 3
Monsoon would be another rare colour I'm guessing.

What colour is your car Shayne?

·
ESP Man
888 Posts
Gambit said:
Monsoon would be another rare colour I'm guessing.

What colour is your car Shayne?
Mine is Meteorite ( metallic grey) . I am only aware of 4 cars in this colour. One in Melb, one in Sydney & one in sth east Qld I believe plus mine. There may be another which would be a Prototype car as there is a Meteorite in that promo shot of the 2 T3's with the Lear jet

I think the Mercury Silver, Monsoon, Congo Green, White & Meteorite would be the rarest and probably in that order. Not many Liquid Silvers either.

The most common is definatley Blueprint with Venom Red, Silhouette, Narooma Blue the next most common

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
shaynet said:
Mine is Meteorite ( metallic grey) . I am only aware of 4 cars in this colour. One in Melb, one in Sydney & one in sth east Qld I believe plus mine. There may be another which would be a Prototype car as there is a Meteorite in that promo shot of the 2 T3's with the Lear jet

I think the Mercury Silver, Monsoon, Congo Green, White & Meteorite would be the rarest and probably in that order. Not many Liquid Silvers either.

The most common is definatley Blueprint with Venom Red, Silhouette, Narooma Blue the next most common
I would have to agree with your list of rarest colours in that order.
Mine was in one line of AU's that they tested the mercury silver on before they tried it on the BA's so I've been told #156.
Well she wont be mine 4 long, she is being transported from here in Adelaide up to Brisbane to her new lucky owner soon.
Wish I had of known about this site earlier!!!

·
ESP Man
888 Posts
1 OFF TS III said:
I would have to agree with your list of rarest colours in that order.
Mine was in one line of AU's that they tested the mercury silver on before they tried it on the BA's so I've been told #156.
Well she wont be mine 4 long, she is being transported from here in Adelaide up to Brisbane to her new lucky owner soon.
Wish I had of known about this site earlier!!!
You will find a lot more about Tickford vehicles in the this Australian forum here

http://www.www.fordforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
shaynet said:
You will find a lot more about Tickford vehicles in the this Australian forum here

http://www.www.fordforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32
Thanks for that link Shay, had a good read, if you need any more info on my TS for your data base let me know and if you find another T series in mercury silver let me know that as well. Tried downloading some photo's of her but the files were too big for the system. As I said the new owner is taking delivery of her soon, I will tell him about this forum if he does'nt already know about it,
Cheers David

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
1 OFF TS III said:
Thanks for that link Shay, had a good read, if you need any more info on my TS for your data base let me know and if you find another T series in mercury silver let me know that as well. Tried downloading some photo's of her but the files were too big for the system. As I said the new owner is taking delivery of her soon, I will tell him about this forum if he does'nt already know about it,
Cheers David
Just a guess that the new owner is Noddy from the other forums. He is or used to be on these forums too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gambit said:
Just a guess that the new owner is Noddy from the other forums. He is or used to be on these forums too.
Dont know any Noddy's the gent that has purchased the car also owns a TE50

·
Registered
316 Posts
1 OFF TS III said:
Dont know any Noddy's the gent that has purchased the car also owns a TE50
Yeah- it's Noddy

·
ESP Man
888 Posts
Mr FORD said:
Charmichael Ford in Townsville sold a TE T3 off the lot just after Xmas and it was mercury silver .
Are you sure it wasn't a Liquid Silver?

It that the car that used to belong to a trucking business owners wife? (well driven by her anyway)

U

·
0 Posts
Mr FORD said:
Charmichael Ford in Townsville sold a TE T3 off the lot just after Xmas and it was mercury silver .
There are 2 colours that are very similar to the mercury silver meteorite and charcole I think, and are a closer match than liquid silver.The paint codes need to be checked on the car to make sure. I have done a lot of enquiries throughout Australia, dealerships, FPV, clubs, forums and recently spoke to the Ford historian at the Discovery Centre and they all seem to think that she was the only mercury silver one, so if anyone can confirm that the TE from Townsville was a merc silver code that would be great, Cheers David

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mr FORD said:
G'day Mr FORD, are you sure the TE was merc silver not to be mistaken with the other AU colour codes that are very similar, as merc silver is a BA colour and have been told that the one that I previously owned was one of only a few prototype AU's to see what the merc silver would look like on the BA's. I have done some extensive research through data base information, FPV, Ford dealerships, Clubs, forums, and recently spoke to the Ford historian at the Discovery Centre Melbourne and am under the understanding that she is the only one. The only way to be sure would be to check the complience colour code. If you know of any other information on the TE Mr FORD, could you please let me know, Cheers David.

·
Registered
149 Posts
shaynet said:
Are you sure it wasn't a Liquid Silver?

It that the car that used to belong to a trucking business owners wife? (well driven by her anyway)

Yea , thats the one , l didn't see it in person (to late , it was gone be the time l went to look at it) but was told by one of our club members that it was Mercury Silver , so unless we know where it ended up to check it out for sure , from this end it was here-say only , and l didn't end up in Cairns this weekend Shaynet , so nothing to report on the T3 from up that way either ok

1 - 20 of 21 Posts