Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its hard to tell by the pics whats really wrong, but there must be something - otherwise the insurance company would have fixed it.

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Would like to see under the front end.... bit hard to tell. Looks like they've just washed it!

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that water or oil on the ground under her? :AAHHH:

Could be cheaper to buy a new one.

·
3,666 Posts
I'm gessing water, as there is a fair bit behind it near the other cars.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The cosmetics look easy enough to fix up. It'd be a gamble though, you don't really know what's been knocked around under the hood.

·
3,666 Posts
Know a panel beater that could have a squiz for you??

·
known as tibbo
2,033 Posts
maybe it was a theft and recovery. and it now has some driveline issues .. Do Pickles have the keys in them for a test start on inspection day? . As XTS220 said , if it was only the visible damaged surely the insurance would of fixed it..

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
From the photo's it look's allright, just some panel damage but you cant judge from the photo's can you, How much is on it?.

·
Bucknaked Is My Real Name
1,458 Posts
Should still be under warranty for mechanical. Fix the panels and anything goes wring with the ngine or transmission, then it may be covered. I dunno, just guessing.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No price, would have to go to auction day and see. Id pay 30 for it, if its only panel damage then you would be able to fix it in a few days. Its a shame that unlike Fowles, pickles dont indicate whether it is a stat write off, and whether or not it is fixable / re-registable.

·
AKA: Spaniard
848 Posts
Looks alright to me judging by the photos.

If it's the engine you want and misc parts you want then it shouldn't be a problem. But if you want to fix the whole car up and put it back on the road, you may end up spending more than you would have on a brand new one!

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Btw if you look closely, it looks like its had some paint work done to it around the grill, and the back skirt around the bottom looks like its been painted black. Maybe its been stolen, had some extra bits painted on it to make it look different from original, then crashed.

So now they are selling it as theft recovered, as the owner may have allready been given a replacement.

·
3,666 Posts
I'd email the to confirm it's a theft recovery and not a stat write off... But it could be a cheaper way into an XR8!

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
take into account that if you dont get it all panel beated and bought new panels you would need at least: 2 guards, 1 drivers door and possibly a new sill, 1 front bar and 1 bonnet plus paint. ring up spare parts and they will tell you that this will cost you shit loads. plus id say that that is oil and not water....look at the ground, theres no water around the car as if it were washed, theres no water on the car and i could say for certain that an auction house wouldnt wash and chamois dry any car. that looks like its leaked from underneath.
i wouldnt pay anymore than 20k for it to be a bargain in the end.
print the photos and take them to a panelbeater and see how many thousands he wants to fix it.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It would cost about 6000 to replace those panels including paint and 2 new headlights and 2 new foglamps.

As for the oil leak, its actually water, if you have a good look its around the cement floor everwhere.

It looks like it would be a simple fix, as nothing would have to be welded- just really an un - bolt and rebolt/alignment. I dunno if the drivers door is damaged or if its just the mirror, but if you bought it for 25, and spent 5 - 6 on it, it would still be a bloody cheap XR8.

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
I'm thinking you would need to spend more than 5-6 thou on it, to bring it back to a good vehicle.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
i think you'd be spending a hell of a lot of buying it in the first place, i've seen a 1997 Statesman stolen recovered with the interior stripped go for over $10k

1 - 20 of 32 Posts