Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I haul a 2-horse trailer with a 2-wheel drive Ford F150 (towing capacity says 7900)?

·
Super Moderator
20,551 Posts
Dont know what year or engine of the F150 you have , but anyway , cant see any problem . Here are some comments ,

• An F150 with an 8' bed or 4-door F150 with a V8 can safely pull a 2 horse non-dressing room trailer. Make sure the truck has a brake controller and you'll be fine for local hauling.

I pulled this set-up for several years and never had a problem.

• We have an F150 that's used to haul our trailer without any problems. We have a two horse gooseneck with a dressing room. It has no problems hauling our two horses (one is about 1200lbs and the other is about 1000lbs) together. I believe we did get some extras put in to make it more capable of hauling a trailer but am not positive. We've had it for four years and used it weekly to haul an hour to lessons and back and haven't had one problem

• Are you demented. Of course it can.
    ... . . ... ..

• This thread literally made me laugh out loud... I have an F150 and I pull an oversized 2 horse bumper bull Merhow with a dressing room with trunks, tack and two BIG horses on it ALL THE TIME.... I have no trouble stopping at all and honestly haven't yet felt my truck struggle at all... That being said, I also have an F350 super duty that pulls a custom made 4star 5 horse gooseneck with an extra large dressing room.... with that fully loaded, I can feel that truck sweat a little bit going uphill thru the smokey mountains, but thats about it....

Of course it can pull a horse trailer...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts