Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Crownvic
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's not a thing wrong with it still and this was a car from a junk yard. You can't tell that now.

·
283 Posts
Gee that looks nice. Hard to believe it was in a junkyard. I'm sure it's not quite perfect, but looking at the picture, it looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. Are those wheels original or aftermarket? What year is it? If you get the chance, post a picture of the front, too.

Nathan

·
Crownvic
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes those are the original wheels. The paint is new but was on before I bought the car. I bought it originally because it was *probably* better than the car I drove to the junk yard with. Not to say I'm a cheap trailer trash bastard, but my previous car had the transmission pan bolts stripped right out and I was going to pull another transmission out.

Yes I realize I could have repaired the threads, but the garage (who's no longer in the service) did a nice job stretching the pan, stripping the hole and basically making my car leak everything. So I went to get something and came out with something else. End of story.

Since then it was just an MSD ignition box and a 2 barrel carb to replace the VV. It pulls flat 18's with 2.73 gears.

·
Registered
10 Posts
woohoo i found my car lol /jk.. nah but it looks just like my car in progress same year/ body style which minus the vinyl top and chrome trim.. ohhhh is that a 85 351/5.8? i forgot which years have that same rear end but i know its 86 and up with 5.0. either way nice ride.

·
Crownvic
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I paid $800. I put on a motocraft 2150 and an MSD 6AL with a blaster SS coil. Everything else was just because I had to have it. A nice stereo and fancy tires. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts