Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
I wanna eat your children
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have paid a deposit on the car and it will most likely be mine by tuesday

its a 1990 telsar Ghia, Red, all electrics, 159,000kms very very clean inside and out....and it runs very nicely....

its only got the standard alloys, and i am really NOT a fan of them at all....so something will have to be done in that department....

i started a thread in the market place asking if anyone had a set of the TX5 polished rims from the 89-90 series....but no one seems to....or even know where i can get em....NZ said to get on the laser forum....but i cant find it and he didnt know where it was....so if someone can help me out....id really appreciate it...

ill try to get some pics once ive got the car.....but i have to get a digital cam from ma dads work

·
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bit of an update on the car situation...

little bit of a delay....just gotta get some things checked out....and if all goes well....i should have it by next wednesday

·
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just gotta try and get the digi cam from my dads work...otherwise ill have to take a whole film of shots and scan them....

and CBF to say the least ;)

should be able to get some digital pics though...

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
now u can get along to meets :)
good to see you got some wheels, even if it is a mazda ;)
i like telstars, reliable and got a bit of guts!

·
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EFFalcon said:
now u can get along to meets :)
good to see you got some wheels, even if it is a mazda ;)
i like telstars, reliable and got a bit of guts!

hehe smart arse....

dont have any wheels yet...ill pretty much know by friday if im getting it...and then should have it by wednesday thursday next week...

just gotta do somethin bout the old man wheels :(

·
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fordmuscle_83 said:
Turbo or not?

I thought you would have gone an E series from your posts in the 4sale threads.

Hope you enjoy FWD's.
which posts are those??

i was looking for an e series for a while...but didnt really see anythin that good for a nice price....and the guy that was getting me 1 at trade price...well they had 2 there...and they were shockers....so its the tx5 for now...if i dont end up gettin it...i may look for another tx5...or go back to e series

and its non turbo

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
My cuzin has a Telstar TX5 Ghia Turbo
he ran dyno few months bak and made 238kw @ wheels]

but should be hitting in the 280's soon

·
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
XFTRBO said:
My cuzin has a Telstar TX5 Ghia Turbo
he ran dyno few months bak and made 238kw @ wheels]

but should be hitting in the 280's soon

:AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH:

238 at the wheels on a car like that???? HOLY SHYTE!!!!!!!!!!! TELL HIM TO SELL IT TO ME $6000! :p

THAT WOULD BE AN ABSOLUTE MACHINE! HOW MUCH WHEEL SPIN WOULD HE HAVE!

·
Packed up and gone.....
879 Posts
I think theres a 5 Speed manual EF GLi For sale at Car city in Ringwood. I test drove it the day I bought mine, Dual Fuel and all that stuff, not a bad car. 6 weeks on and as far as i know its still for sale for about $6500.

It could be a good or a bad thing...... If your telstar falls through Then its worth a look. if not, You got yaself a Nice new Mazda that was never a Ford, Or a nice new Ford that was never a Mazda... Hmmm..... Whatever

As for your 'old man' Rims... Make a feature outta them!! Always keep the rims sparkling and always doused in tyre black!! HAHA trust me dude: I had ED 'Classic' 15" Rims for about 5 weeks, Its really no big deal

;) Anyways, Congrats man! Having a new car is a great feeling!
-XR6child

·
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
XR6child said:
I think theres a 5 Speed manual EF GLi For sale at Car city in Ringwood. I test drove it the day I bought mine, Dual Fuel and all that stuff, not a bad car. 6 weeks on and as far as i know its still for sale for about $6500.

It could be a good or a bad thing...... If your telstar falls through Then its worth a look. if not, You got yaself a Nice new Mazda that was never a Ford, Or a nice new Ford that was never a Mazda... Hmmm..... Whatever

As for your 'old man' Rims... Make a feature outta them!! Always keep the rims sparkling and always doused in tyre black!! HAHA trust me dude: I had ED 'Classic' 15" Rims for about 5 weeks, Its really no big deal

;) Anyways, Congrats man! Having a new car is a great feeling!
-XR6child

i rekin ford did a better job with the telstar than mazda did.....the mazda looks pretty shitty IMO....and its got a ford badge on it....so its a ford...i really dont care

·
Packed up and gone.....
879 Posts
madwob said:
i rekin ford did a better job with the telstar than mazda did.....the mazda looks pretty shitty IMO
Thats the spirit Boy!
If the badge says so... Its a Ford! It was sold as a ford so is a ford. What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind beleives!
Enjoy it champ ;)

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Good news, I bet you're excited! My ex has about the same amount of cash to spend. I suggested a Telstar TX5 and she is pretty keen. Is the 1990 model the more squarer shape?

·
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks guys

just came back from the panel beater where the car was getting checked out...and he gave it the all clear.....has never been wrecked or anythin like that....everythins in good condition....so if all goes well ill have it by next wednesday or thursday.

on another semi-related note....guess who got their license this morning . :D

XRated said:
Good news, I bet you're excited! My ex has about the same amount of cash to spend. I suggested a Telstar TX5 and she is pretty keen. Is the 1990 model the more squarer shape?

im not sure about squarer....my mate has the 89 model....and the only differences i can see (without having seen them together) are different tail lights and badging....and a slightly different grill

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
I was thinking of the later model then - 1993+.

BTW, congrats on your licence! Such a great feeling, isn't it? You should be out driving the folk's car!!

·
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
XRated said:

BTW, congrats on your licence! Such a great feeling, isn't it? You should be out driving the folk's car!!
thats the plan....just gotta wait till ma mum gets home from work :wnc:

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
XRated said:
for some reason i like the old models of the TX5's more than the new ones such as the 89's n 90's, imo they look better than the newer ones when done up..

·
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
XFTRBO said:
for some reason i like the old models of the TX5's more than the new ones such as the 89's n 90's, imo they look better than the newer ones when done up..

exactly the same as me man :hy:

·
Packed up and gone.....
879 Posts
They're a nice little car. I nearly bought one when I was looking for cars, damn thing was sold teh day it hit the trading post. It was a turbo TX5, the one with the twin headlights.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts