Ford Forums banner
41 - 60 of 113 Posts
Discussion starter · #42 ·
JC said:
Nice looking first car - certainly a helluva lot better than my first car - a Datsun 1200!

hehe thanks alot JC. I like it. and the rims with that black look go really well with the red. it looks just how i hoped...but now im a bit worried with this stuff....im about to read ur post in the tech forum

madwob said:
hehe thanks alot JC. I like it. and the rims with that black look go really well with the red.
Black and Red always look good together. Go BOMBERS

Good work madwob! I'm actually looking at the 626 of the same era (1990+) for my g/f. Seem like good little cars. You didn't muck around with getting wheels! Excellent stuff!!

Discussion starter · #45 ·
JC said:
Black and Red always look good together. Go BOMBERS
ford fan and a bombers fan....perfect :hy:

XRated: hehe i had to get rid of the old man style rims ASAP! only problem now is i have to take back the 17's and get 16's

after about an hour of phone calls....i was told that i cant get a RW and therefore no insurance with 7inch wide wheels....so its 16's...i got done by half an inch...i can only have 6.5"

im hoping they have the same wheels in 16 inch...im very pissed off coz the car was starting to look tasty.....but the way i see it...if i can get the avanteks in 16...get some fairly low profile tyres....and then with the left over cash from the 17's the lowering will get done quicker

just 1 question....with "low" springs....how much will it drop? i dont wanna go superlows and have to get new shocks.....they will lower it for $360 with lows i think...just hope it drops a bit

Discussion starter · #46 ·

anyone know what kind of rims these are?
i think they MIGHT be these....but not in the chrome finish....

as u will all know after reading my posts....i am back in the market for a set of 16x6.5 wheels. I was so happy with the look of the 17x7 avantek titaniums....im actually pretty down now...knowing that i had my car looking how i wanted it...and now i have to go backwards....

just checked the avantek site...and the titaniums only come in 16x7...so no go on those anymore :(

anyone know of some nice rims to suit a 1990 telstar in size 16x6.5?

That really, really sucks. I would be heart-broken... HALF AN INCH!!! Sheeeeeeeeshhhhhh!

BTW, I think lows should bring the car one inch closer to mother-nature, whilst superlows will bring it about two inches lower. Correct me if I'm wrong, someone.

madwob said:
ford fan and a bombers fan....perfect
yeah go Sheedy's army...

How about this one from Speedy wheels. it come sin the following specs:
16x6.5 ET40 4x100, 4x114.3, 5x114.3 you would need to check with the tyre place to see if this is the right offset and stud pattern etc, but I'm guessing one of them would be OK.

Or these from Pitstop tyres (http://www.pitstoptyres.com.au/index18.htm).
Lenso CF
16x6.5 (to fit any 4 stud cars) Silver

BSA245:

Sizes: 14x6, 15x6, 15x6.5, 16x6.5, 16x7, 17x7, 18x7.5
Silver / Chrome / Gold

I'd go the longchamps, but as they're a speedy wheel, they're likely to be dearer than the others. Out of the others I reckon the AMG Widelace is the go, followed by the AMG Quake.

Discussion starter · #58 ·
XRated said:
Insure it under your parents' name with you as second-driver?
according to the law...the rims are illegal because they are 7 inch wide and i can only have 6.5

its not really a problem with insurance

anyone got any details on the engineers certificatE? how? where? what they do? and will it allow me to keep 17X7 with a roadworthy?

Discussion starter · #60 ·
JC....all those rims u showed...are they all suitable for my car? im not sure about the ones u say are suited for any 4 stud cars....my car has 5

the widelace could look ok i rekin

and the BSA245: is almost the same as what i have now....too bad it doesnt come in the blackish chrome or "hyper black" that i have....

u rekin those quakes would look any good? i need some ppl to photoshop these for me!!!! i need to get it done and get the new 1's on

41 - 60 of 113 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.