Ford Forums banner
101 - 113 of 113 Posts
Discussion starter · #101 ·
JC said:
Scale it like this:

To me, it looks like you could get 3 fingers in between the top of the tyre and the guard. I measured mine and that's around 75mm, so 25mm will still leave two fingers height. in PS, just cut the gap down to 2/3 of what it is, and that's how far a 25mm drop is.

If you drop your car from standard height using "Low" springs, you should not need to replace the shocks with short stroke shocks. If you go any lower than lows (ie super lows or super super lows), then you will need short stroke shocks. If you don't replace the shocks, you will only be using half the travel of the shock when the spring compresses, but on rebound the shock may extend fully. On less than smooth roads, this can make the car feel like a boat in a choppy sea. The other danger (remote though it is), is that the spring could become unseated and possibly fall out of the car.

hopefully someone has a go for me JC ;)

but thanks for that ....if no one gives it a go ill do it....not that i can be ****ed.... :p

Discussion starter · #102 ·
HOW OLD IS THIS THREAD NOW!?!?! DUG IT UP ON PAGE 7 OR 8 :wnc: !!!

just some little updates....some good some bad

the car was keyed a few weeks back....and a nice job they did on it too (thanks ****ers :hy:)...spoke to a friend of mine tonight...after having been quoted $800 ("mates rates" :fraz: to spray 1 side of the car), and she said she knows panel beaters that will do it for practically nothing provided i pay for paint.....obviously...now, she seems to think that 4 litres of paint is about $150....but im gonna ask you guys so i know for sure....

1) how much is paint
2) what kind of paint should i get ( i know nothing ;))
and 3) how many litres for a car my size....

if the costs on the paint arent too high...and the beater can infact do the spray for next to nothing...i may consider getting a pearl through the new respray....as i will most likely respray the ENTIRE car...and still come out better off than the 1 side $800 quote....

depending on prices...i may even change the color of the car completely! Black with blue or purple pearl seems to be calling me.....but ill wait for the answers to the questions....

next...a few mods have been taken off the to do list and added to the done list in my signature.....
calipers were painted red as many of u know...
(pics here http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=67408)

i bought myself an AUTOTECHNICA leather steering wheel and fitted it the other day.....i ended up going with a black/grey wheel instead of the red and black 1...and im happy with it as it matches the interior very nicely.....
ill try to get some pics of it asap...

and last but not least...on saturday, the windows will be tinted....Darkest legal F1 tint.....so that should look pretty sexual, as well as protecting my interior etc.....

and for anyone that might want to tint their windows...."tint-a-car" have specials on at the moment....im getting darkest legal F1 for $295 instead of $495.....so u might wanna check that out...

thanks guys
Michael :hy:

madwob said:
and 3) how many litres for a car my size....
are you a car? :p maybe "How many litres for a TX5" not you, hehe

just trying to bag u a little :p

Discussion starter · #104 ·
XFGHIA said:
are you a car? :p maybe "How many litres for a TX5" not you, hehe

just trying to bag u a little :p
lol
i was waiting for that .....couldnt get it right when i was typingit,..it was such a huge piost....but u get the idea

just had a think ...and i dont think ill be able to paint it a new color if i chose to.....coz of the engine bay :( black car with a red engine bay...how shit would that look....

they do have to take out the entire engine to paint it dont they :(

Keep it red, but maybe a different shade, or with a pearl through it too. That way, the engine bay will match the basic colour of the car, just not the exact colour.

Discussion starter · #106 ·
yer ur right JC (as usual :p) ....just the thought of black with a blue or purple pearl got me excited....but i wouldnt do that unless i could get the bay sprayed the same color.....and i dont see that happening....

but ive also learnt not to get too excited when someone promises u something....hopefully she can get this done cheap for me...but if not, ill just have to put up with the scratches for a while.....

while we're on the topic....could i get some suggestions off people as to what color pearl would go nicely with red?

and in relation to the shade...if its staying red, ill stick with this shade...whatever it is :fraz: but add the pearl to give it that little bit extra.....

Discussion starter · #107 ·
just a quick question to settle an argument with a friend

a "re spray" ...does that mean stripping the car back to metal and spraying it or just spraying over the existing coat?

A re-spray can mean both. A back to metal re-spray means the first.
I got a change of colour re-spray done on an old car of mine, and it was the second.

So split the bet, go to the pub and buy each other a drink!

Discussion starter · #110 ·
hehe i thought about that.....would it look ok?

id need to see the different colors beofre i could decide....but where can u see them on a car?

Discussion starter · #111 ·
got the tint done this morning.....went with 1 shade over...F1...and pretty happy with the look.....although next to my brothers 2 shades over on a black car .... hehe

Discussion starter · #113 ·
i actually ended up liking the 16's better than the 17's as well man! just seems to suit it a lot more....and SOOOOO many ppl have the avantek titaniums.....so a lilttle bit more original with the long champs.....

once its lowered it should look great on the outside

101 - 113 of 113 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.