Ford Forums banner

ive finally found a car

8K views 112 replies 17 participants last post by  madwob 
#1 ·
I have paid a deposit on the car and it will most likely be mine by tuesday

its a 1990 telsar Ghia, Red, all electrics, 159,000kms very very clean inside and out....and it runs very nicely....

its only got the standard alloys, and i am really NOT a fan of them at all....so something will have to be done in that department....

i started a thread in the market place asking if anyone had a set of the TX5 polished rims from the 89-90 series....but no one seems to....or even know where i can get em....NZ said to get on the laser forum....but i cant find it and he didnt know where it was....so if someone can help me out....id really appreciate it...

ill try to get some pics once ive got the car.....but i have to get a digital cam from ma dads work

#4 ·
just gotta try and get the digi cam from my dads work...otherwise ill have to take a whole film of shots and scan them....

and CBF to say the least ;)

should be able to get some digital pics though...

#5 ·
now u can get along to meets :)
good to see you got some wheels, even if it is a mazda ;)
i like telstars, reliable and got a bit of guts!

#6 ·
EFFalcon said:
now u can get along to meets :)
good to see you got some wheels, even if it is a mazda ;)
i like telstars, reliable and got a bit of guts!

hehe smart arse....

dont have any wheels yet...ill pretty much know by friday if im getting it...and then should have it by wednesday thursday next week...

just gotta do somethin bout the old man wheels :(

#8 ·
fordmuscle_83 said:
Turbo or not?

I thought you would have gone an E series from your posts in the 4sale threads.

Hope you enjoy FWD's.
which posts are those??

i was looking for an e series for a while...but didnt really see anythin that good for a nice price....and the guy that was getting me 1 at trade price...well they had 2 there...and they were shockers....so its the tx5 for now...if i dont end up gettin it...i may look for another tx5...or go back to e series

and its non turbo

#9 ·
My cuzin has a Telstar TX5 Ghia Turbo
he ran dyno few months bak and made 238kw @ wheels]

but should be hitting in the 280's soon

#10 ·
XFTRBO said:
My cuzin has a Telstar TX5 Ghia Turbo
he ran dyno few months bak and made 238kw @ wheels]

but should be hitting in the 280's soon

:AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH:

238 at the wheels on a car like that???? HOLY SHYTE!!!!!!!!!!! TELL HIM TO SELL IT TO ME $6000! :p

THAT WOULD BE AN ABSOLUTE MACHINE! HOW MUCH WHEEL SPIN WOULD HE HAVE!

#11 ·
I think theres a 5 Speed manual EF GLi For sale at Car city in Ringwood. I test drove it the day I bought mine, Dual Fuel and all that stuff, not a bad car. 6 weeks on and as far as i know its still for sale for about $6500.

It could be a good or a bad thing...... If your telstar falls through Then its worth a look. if not, You got yaself a Nice new Mazda that was never a Ford, Or a nice new Ford that was never a Mazda... Hmmm..... Whatever

As for your 'old man' Rims... Make a feature outta them!! Always keep the rims sparkling and always doused in tyre black!! HAHA trust me dude: I had ED 'Classic' 15" Rims for about 5 weeks, Its really no big deal

;) Anyways, Congrats man! Having a new car is a great feeling!
-XR6child

#12 ·
XR6child said:
I think theres a 5 Speed manual EF GLi For sale at Car city in Ringwood. I test drove it the day I bought mine, Dual Fuel and all that stuff, not a bad car. 6 weeks on and as far as i know its still for sale for about $6500.

It could be a good or a bad thing...... If your telstar falls through Then its worth a look. if not, You got yaself a Nice new Mazda that was never a Ford, Or a nice new Ford that was never a Mazda... Hmmm..... Whatever

As for your 'old man' Rims... Make a feature outta them!! Always keep the rims sparkling and always doused in tyre black!! HAHA trust me dude: I had ED 'Classic' 15" Rims for about 5 weeks, Its really no big deal

;) Anyways, Congrats man! Having a new car is a great feeling!
-XR6child

i rekin ford did a better job with the telstar than mazda did.....the mazda looks pretty shitty IMO....and its got a ford badge on it....so its a ford...i really dont care

#15 ·
thanks guys

just came back from the panel beater where the car was getting checked out...and he gave it the all clear.....has never been wrecked or anythin like that....everythins in good condition....so if all goes well ill have it by next wednesday or thursday.

on another semi-related note....guess who got their license this morning . :D

XRated said:
Good news, I bet you're excited! My ex has about the same amount of cash to spend. I suggested a Telstar TX5 and she is pretty keen. Is the 1990 model the more squarer shape?

im not sure about squarer....my mate has the 89 model....and the only differences i can see (without having seen them together) are different tail lights and badging....and a slightly different grill

#18 ·
XRated said:
I was thinking of the later model then - 1993+.
for some reason i like the old models of the TX5's more than the new ones such as the 89's n 90's, imo they look better than the newer ones when done up..

#21 ·
XR6child said:
They're a nice little car. I nearly bought one when I was looking for cars, damn thing was sold teh day it hit the trading post. It was a turbo TX5, the one with the twin headlights.

didnt know the tx5's came with round head lights.....thought it was only the tx3 lasers

#23 ·
HOTDBZ said:
Congrats mate, now you've got to start attending the Vic cruises....no more tennis excuses! LOL

dont be so sure.....im also playing "pennant" this year. so i have to play at 8am locally....and that can be anywhere in the west...so still up to half hour drive...then, straight from there...i have to drive to places like frankston and all over victoria to play pennant....but if there is a cruise on any other day, and im not working....i can prolly make it ;)

#25 ·
ok...picked up the car on thursday night........havent posted because i was working friday, and when i got home i had to drive my mum to warnambool.....so yer...got back today....and bought my CD player. ended up going with a SONY XPLOD instead of the pioneer, but it still plays mp3 and looks a lil better IMO. also has that extra power that sony offers (52Wx4 and 50Wx4 for pioneer)

ill be getting some speakers for the back soon, most likely 6X9's and the head deck wont be installed until tuesday after work. the only other mods i have planned for the near future are rims, monday hopefully, and just gonna get a nice leather steerting wheel for it. ( not a fan of the standard 1 ;)) ill be lowering it asap but only with King Lows, ( anyone tell me roughly how much it will drop?) and an exhaust is on the list for later. all of that means ill have to change insurer from aami to just cars.

i decided against the subs and the full system because the insurance is only third party fire and theft, and if i lose $2k worth of sound system ill get $300 from AAMI....and my head deck is worth $500 :S (paid $359 :D)

ill try to get some pics asap and hopefully before the rims are on, so there is some before and after shots.

oh. tinted windows and an alarm are also on my list of things to do ;)

#26 ·
madwob said:
ok...picked up the car on thursday night........havent posted because i was working friday, and when i got home i had to drive my mum to warnambool.....so yer...got back today....and bought my CD player. ended up going with a SONY XPLOD instead of the pioneer, but it still plays mp3 and looks a lil better IMO. also has that extra power that sony offers (52Wx4 and 50Wx4 for pioneer)
Good work :thup: Hurry up with the pics!

Oh, and you will need that extra two watts of power! It was all worth it :p LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.