Sweeet
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Finially got some money in the bank. Not sure what to do to the car next
I've got about $1k

So far i've got the following:

**1995 Series II EF Futura Sedan**

* 3" mandrel bent CAI with pod filter (No airbox on it and its not seperated from the engine bay)

* 2 1/2" Geni Sports Exhaust from the cat back

* Pacemaker Headers

* Crow Stage 2 Cam

* Been lowered

* Done the stereo

* DBA Slotted Rotors (FRONT ONLY)

My Question is what should i do next

Should I.......

* Change the diff ratio from standard futura (3.23 i think) single spinner to a 3.45 LSD diff

* Finish off the intake system by buying the airbox, some XR6 grills/fordmods scoops (Not sure what one yet) and connect the lot up and put the pod filter into the airbox so it gets cold air not hot air off the engine

* Do the climate control mod now that i have the climate control unit

* Convert the car to manual

* Chip it

* OTHER??

Any opions/suggestions?

I'd love the car to go faster or a new gadget to play with inside the car
but i just cant make up my mind what to go for

What do you guys think? one of the above or something else?

Cheers

Adam

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
Well, for me, the first priority would be the stereo :p but since your content with that, then I'd say convert to manual. Would be the single most noticable power gain modification you could do from what you got listed, but may end up goin a little over your budget...

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
manual :)

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
What wheels do you have on the car at the moment? If you have stock wheels I would get a set of mags. If you're happy with the current rims, then I would put the money towards a manual conversion.

Ash

·
100 SPEED LIMITED SILVAEA
1,043 Posts
i'd change the diff, and with the money left over i'd finish of the cai set up,

then do a 5 spd conversion.

cheers.joe.

·
no tire smoke no fun!
458 Posts
I'd do the manual conversion :) big bloody difference this way when you do the diff you get even more out of it and you get a double whamy smile :)

·
formerly sikEA
2,142 Posts
Definately the manual

A diff change now might bring out the benefits of all your other mods, but a manual now then a diff change will leave you smiling like.....well....you'll be happy.

you could also look into some porting to suit that cam/exhaust combo?

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
ok,,well it all depends..do you want looks or peformance? Thats the first issue.

If I was you Id be getting new rims if you still have stockies.

And then while your at it get rid of the 3' zorst and get a smaller one as from what ive heard 3' is overkill and you dont get out as much power of say a 2 3/4'. Something about loosing back pressure. Just what ive heard anyway.

either way your not going to go wrong.

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
FoMoCo4eva said:
ok,,well it all depends..do you want looks or peformance? Thats the first issue.

If I was you Id be getting new rims if you still have stockies.

And then while your at it get rid of the 3' zorst and get a smaller one as from what ive heard 3' is overkill and you dont get out as much power of say a 2 3/4'. Something about loosing back pressure. Just what ive heard anyway.

either way your not going to go wrong.
I think you're confused. In his first post, the 3" madrel bent talk was about his CAI. He has a 2.5" cat back exhaust if you read again ;)

You could also consider things like new interior, bodykit etc.

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
XRated said:
I think you're confused. In his first post, the 3" madrel bent talk was about his CAI. He has a 2.5" cat back exhaust if you read again ;)

You could also consider things like new interior, bodykit etc.
haha so it is..i was just skipping through and saw 3'...lol

sorry bout that..ill go now...jk

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
Id fix the CAI intake 1st. Use a BA XR8 filter bot or something. Wont cost too much. MustangNicko has a thread in the tech forums.

For me the main thing would be wether to put a manny in it or not.
Would be alot funner, but if u do heaps of city driving, or are lazy like me, it could be a bit of a bitch.

If u havent got one of 9psi EBs shift kits in, try that, might keep ya happy without a manual for a while. Make it yourself for like $20, but u need a tranny cooler to be on the safe side (~$150)

If you werent doing the manny conversion, definatly go for the diff gears swap.

Or u could give ya money to me :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts